Brewer Fanatic

Mitchell steroid probe; Latest - Clemens headed to Court; Congress

jaybird2001wi
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thankfully, I can't watch it, but it's just a sad situation. I'm listening to Rome, and apparently the Rocket has thrown his wife and his agent under the bus. This is not looking good for him from a PR standpoint, guilty or not. Although it sure seems he's guilty.

I never thought I'd see the day where someone came off looking worse than Bonds in regards to PED abuse... but Roger re-sets the standard with each new sunrise!

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2007/05/20/pettitte.jpg

BF4everzz? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Not really paying attention to it. Has anything substantive been said or happened so far?

I've been watching. Pettitte said Clemens told him he did HGH, and Clemens responded that maybe Andy "misremembers." Clemens said he was injected with B12 shots, McNamee said the first time he heard about that was on 60 minutes. Doctors testified that the mark on Clemen's ass is similiar to that from a steriod injection, not a B12 injection. One or two went after McNamee for lying about steriods years ago and that he couldn't be trusted. There's a lot of talk about a party at Canseco's house, but Patrick425 explained the nanny thing. She's on record, btw, for saying that Clemens was at the the house with his family, and even slept over. Oh, and there's somethign about how David Cone said the owners went to the union and said they didn't want to test, but had to do soemthing.

How's this for funny? From the ongoing NYT summary:

In clearly the most befuddling question of the morning so far, Representative William Macy Clay, Democrat of Missouri, asked Mr. Clemens "what uniform you will wear into the Hall of Fame."

I am beginning to think that Roger isn't going to have to worry about that. . .

While McNamee has credibility issues, at least when they ask him a question he gives a straight answer. They asked Clemens to respond to why he denied having specific conversations about HGH in his statement and then later saying in it that he talked to McNamee about HGH for his wife, and Clemens didn't even respond to it and instead really wanted to read a statement from his wife regarding it. Clemens sounds like he wants to run for office someday with his evasive non answers to questions. Personally, I don't think Clemens not giving straight answers makes him look worse than if he would ever be completely honest.

That one senator from Indiana was pretty embarrassing by how blatantly obvious it was that he likes Roger Clemens more than Brian McNamee. Actually, 95% of them were blatantly obvious that they like Roger Clemens.

I watched nearly the entire "debacle." It appears that Clemens is lying. Nannygate makes Clemens look terrible. The committee asked Clemens for contact information regarding the Nanny, but before giving it to congress Clemens had her over to his house. Clemens lawyers were constantly whispering in his ears and at one point were standing up and trying to shout out a reply to the nannygate "inuendo." The lawyers were not suppose to be able to talk at all. Meanwhile the scuzz-ball McNamee was sitting calmly and answering all the questions. He is telling the truth, but he is still a scuzz-ball. There was also the fact that Clemens wife was injected with HGH and Clemens changing his tune about his knowlegde of that event. Another small point I would like to acknowlegde since nobody on ESPN is bringing this up is the following. Clemens only rehired McNamee as a trainer after he wanted to come back to baseball. He had a different trainer since he was "going in a different direction" before deciding to play another season. That questioner eventually ran out of time, before a concrete answer on why, he Clemens, would rehire McNamee after McNamee supposedly did so many bad things to him. Also Clemens appeared really bad and slimy when he was trying to win people over by saying he worked hard, and ran home 2-miles everyday from school and went with USA on his chest to the Baseball world cup and pitched 1 inning in an All-star game because he loved the game and blah blah blah I'm a good guy. If I had to choose Clemens or McNamee to be my friend I would choose Clemens. Clemens is probably a very good guy and McNamee appears to be a dirt ball, but Clemens is lying about taking preformance-enhancing drugs. After watching today, there is no doubt in my mind that Clemens is a liar, but there will never be enough evidence to convict him of perjury.

I see that his wife admits to taking HGH once without Roger's knowledge. Did McNamee inject Roger's wife with HGH and if so did it occur before her SI swimsuit photo shoot like McNamee claims? It would seem like a confession from Roger's wife would be more damning to Roger's case, since it would mark the third time (after Knobloch and Pettitte) that McNamee has pionted to someone using HGH and they have come out and confirmed his statements.

Also, we learned how Pettitte and his wife discuss everything with one another, like a husband and wife should. How could Roger's wife receive an injection for HGH and not have Roger know about it? It seems very fishy.

A couple of things occured to me reading the account of todays events. First, the HOF has an amazing amount of power over these guys, Clemons has 7 cy youngs and 160 million dollars but the knowledge that any admission of guilt may get him shunned from the hall has apparently led him to this low place that looks worse than any admission of guilt in the first place. Maybe I am misplacing Clemons HOF concern with simple public opinion but Mcgwires snub must have some affect on the reaction by these guys. Then again maybe for a guy who has everything like Clemons his place in history(best ever or cheater?) is all he has to lose. A pretty ugly situation no matter how you look at it, MLB only has itself to blame.

The second thing that surprised me in the apparent split along party lines about who to pressure, Clemons or his trainer. I guess I haven't been following closely but why do the Dems rip Clemons and the Repubs rip his trainer? It seems like a neutral issue that both parties can look good in by just going after facts but apparently it is partisan.

I see that his wife admits to taking HGH once without Roger's knowledge. Did McNamee inject Roger's wife with HGH and if so did it occur before her SI swimsuit photo shoot like McNamee claims? It would seem like a confession from Roger's wife would be more damning to Roger's case, since it would mark the third time (after Knobloch and Pettitte) that McNamee has pionted to someone using HGH and they have come out and confirmed his statements.

Also, we learned how Pettitte and his wife discuss everything with one another, like a husband and wife should. How could Roger's wife receive an injection for HGH and not have Roger know about it? It seems very fishy.

I totally agree. There's no way in the world that she took it autonomously -- not with that control freak as her husband. And if she took HGH simply to look good in a swimsuit, I don't think it's much of leap to think that her husband -- you know, the professional athlete -- took it to enhance his performance on the diamond.

I am looking for the text of her statement, to see what kind of crazy, implausible spin she put on things.

The second thing that surprised me in the apparent split along party lines about who to pressure, Clemons or his trainer. I guess I haven't been following closely but why do the Dems rip Clemons and the Repubs rip his trainer? It seems like a neutral issue that both parties can look good in by just going after facts but apparently it is partisan.
That might be out of force of habit since it is Henry Waxman's committee and he has been by far the biggest antagonist of the opposition since the last election. If McNamee is believed Waxman might get credit for doing more than defaming Clemens.

The Nanny's involment does not really seem that important to me. It's just how Clemens handled the situation that seems fishy and how Clemen's lawyers stood up against the committee rules rather then let Clemens answer the panels questioins regarding the actions he took. Clemens alleges that he was not at a party at Jose Canseco's house and McNamee said he was there. Clemen's nanny would supposedly know it was determined so the committee asked Clemens for contact information on two consecutive days. Clemens was not suppose to contact the Nanny beforehand. Clemens had the Nanny over to his house after the conact information was requested. They talked and the Nanny told Clemens at that time she did not remember him being there. Clemens told her to tell the committee the truth and the following day gave the committee the contact information. She then said that Clemen's DID attend the party with his wife and kids even, and she told the committee about her and Clemens interaction the preceding day. Here is a short clip of it, but this doesn't do justice to the entire story naturally. It sounds sort of like Clemens bullied her.

I am 110% convinced that Roger Clemens knowingly took HGH, and has lied about his use. How do I know this? Because if a person in his position were innocent of this allegation, and the accuser stated he had gauze and syringes with DNA and HGH on them, and I knew there was no way at all it could be my DNA; I would demand that Congress or MLB, or whomever, take this evidence and have it tested. And tested again and again. I would offer to pay for this at my own expense. Also personally, I would be a lot angrier regarding the allegtions than Mr. Clemens appears to be. He is angry he is in the spotlight. Not that he is accused of things he did not do.

End of Rant.

Now can we move on.?

Archived