Brewer Fanatic

Capellan on Minor League Restricted List.

RHP Jose Capellan was placed on the minor-league restricted list after failing to report to Triple-A Nashville for games yesterday and today. Capellan is expected to rejoin Nashville tomorrow.

What exactly does this mean?

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I guess he was serious about retiring.

Let him rot. Doug needs to set an example so that other players don't try it. Take him off the market. It's not like he has any value now anyway. I would hope if any other Brewer prospects have the same agent they fire him. Not good advise.

The out burst at getting sent down was one thing heato of the moment and all, but this is career suicide. I agree it was his agents responsibility to tell him that the Brewers made a reasonable choice given a large number of similar pitchers. If he was that upset just sit back and play the T.O. game later if you can't quitely get a trade.

I hope Melvin sticks to his guns with Capellan and doesn't give in. Capellan not showing up absolutely takes a toll on any trade value he may have had. Melvin clearly wasn't getting counter-offers for what he was looking for before this incident happened.

And because of that, as spiteful as it may sound, I hope Melvin makes an example out of Capellan. Melvin has helped players in the past out of respect for their careers, moving them to another team or simply letting them go to give them a better chance to make the big leagues (such as catcher Mark Johnson). At this point in time, I would love to see Capellan get his head on straight, but at the same time if he rots at AAA, as some have suggested, it wouldn't really bother me one bit. I still think he was a complete steal for Dan Kolb, and has already more than justified that trade.

Capellan has decided to return to Nashville, but is maintaining his request for a trade:

Click here for article

Choice Melvin quote from the article:

"His agent said he is ready to go out and do what he is supposed to do and shut up," Melvin said. "I can accept that at this point."

Something tells me that Melvin was emphasizing the "Shut up" part. Talk about undermining potential trade value....

I still think he was a complete steal for Dan Kolb, and has already more than justified that trade.

He sort of cost us Obermeuller as well. Kolb sucked so bad that Melvin did them a favor and traded Obie for Kolb who was not going to be tendered anyway. So he cost us two guys who couldn't pitch. At least they tried to pitch and didn't just take their ball and go home.

This stuff cracks me up. The guy isn't good enough to be a pitcher on a team that is not exactly the Braves of the 90's and he thinks that he will play hardball by not showing up in AAA ball??? :lol

I could imagine how this would go at work.

Me: Hey, I want that big, cool, important project.

Boss: No, you don't have the experience and need to prove yourself more first. We'll give you a chance to prove yourself with this smaller project and maybe by the end of the year you can play with the big boys.

Me: I'm not coming to work the rest of this week.

Boss: Don't bother showing up next week or the week after that either.

cost" is the wrong word for abermueller...

In this case cost has a subjective value. Obie would have been no worse than Lil' Ben, JDLR or Eveland were last year. So it did cost us one more person to try before CV and Zak Jack came up earlier than the Brewers would have liked them to.

Archived