Brewer Fanatic

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

JenksFan5

Is anyone else getting ready for their hands/wrists to cry out in agony after endless hours of playing Gutiar Hero III? Only 12 days before the game hits the stores.

I was going to get ready by playing a little GH2 to get my wrist and fingers conditioned for the coming onslaught, but my Playstation 2 isn't working with that game anymore for whatever reason. I now have a Wii so I didn't want to stick the money into a new PS2 because I am getting the new guitar for the Wii (a Gibson Les Paul). The song list looks decent and the fact that you can unlock Slash from GnR is a plus. Supposedly there is going to be over 70 songs (many of which were recorded by the original artist), but only 63 songs have been confirmed.

Can't wait!

The songlist I was going off of was on Wikipedia and it was a "confirmed" song list. Here it is:

I am especially looking forward to Cherub Rock by the Pumpkins and Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson as well as Bulls on Parade (RATM) and I am a sucker for 80's hairbands. Quite a variety of music though.

I love Through The Fire and Flames, the guitar dual in the middle of the song is amazing. I am shocked that these guys can remember how to play these songs. Song also has a nice big hair feel.(My dark secret wish is to be a big hair singer.)

In the interest of equal time, here are 37 of the 45 songs slated for Rock Band (courtesy of Wikipedia)

"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" - Jet

"Black Hole Sun" - Soundgarden

"Blitzkrieg Bop" - Ramones

"Brainpower" - Freezepop

"Celebrity Skin" - Hole

"Cherub Rock" - Smashing Pumpkins

"Creep" - Radiohead

"Dani California" - Red Hot Chili Peppers

"Detroit Rock City" - Kiss

"(Don't Fear) The Reaper" - Blue Öyster Cult

"Enter Sandman" - Metallica

"Epic" - Faith No More

"Flirtin' with Disaster" - Molly Hatchet

"Gimme Shelter" - Rolling Stones

"Go with the Flow" - Queens of the Stone Age

"The Hand That Feeds" - Nine Inch Nails

"Here It Goes Again" - OK Go

"Highway Star" - Deep Purple

"I Think I'm Paranoid" - Garbage

"In Bloom" - Nirvana

"Learn to Fly" - Foo Fighters

"Main Offender" - The Hives

"Maps" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

"Mississippi Queen" - Mountain

"Orange Crush" - R.E.M.

"Paranoid" - Black Sabbath

"Reptilia" - The Strokes

"Sabotage" - Beastie Boys

"Say It Ain't So" - Weezer

"Should I Stay or Should I Go" - The Clash

"Suffragette City" - David Bowie

"Tom Sawyer" - Rush

"Vasoline" - Stone Temple Pilots

"Wanted Dead or Alive" - Bon Jovi

"Wave of Mutilation" - Pixies

"Welcome Home" - Coheed and Cambria

"Won't Get Fooled Again" - The Who

(Additionally, EA will be supporting the game with a steady stream of downloadable content, encluding "Who's Next" by the Who, and multiple tracks from Metallica, including "One".)

I don't really want the full set-up for Rock Band (drums, microphone, etc.), but it has more songs that I actually know and want to play. Unfortunately, EA / Harmonix (the developers of the first 2 GH games) will not be selling individual instruments until early 2008. I haven't decided whether it's worth it to spend the extra $ just to get the game this November.

What's the price structure like? I have to get a 360 to play Rockband (PS2 version doesn't support additional song) and don't want to have to break the bank more then it's already going to cost to do it. But what a awesome line up.

Creep, In Bloom, Go With The Flow, The Hand that Feeds.... nice!

Between my brother and I we will probably have both by the end of November. Are they going to release new songs for GHIII online? I'm debating whether to buy it for PS2 and use my old wired guitars or pay extra to upgrade to the wireless 360 version.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived