Brewer Fanatic

Braun, Fielder Award News; Best Young Talent Rankings

patrickgpe

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think it was Oct 1.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I like how Relief Pitchers are determined by saves+wins. Let's not use any real pitching data there, just how many close games they were brought into and didnt screw up. Borowski was pretty bad, and ERA over 5.00 I believe. But gets the All Star nod because he pitched for Cleveland.

Ned has nothing to be anxious about, he has no shot anyway.

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.

Anyway, despite voting starting before the playoffs began, the Rockies Steamroll was already well under way before that and can't really help Braun at this point.

? -- Should we just designate this as the Postseason Awards Thread?

I'm going to guess that Ned finishes somewhere in the Top 5 for Manager of the Year, based on the way the Brewers started the season.

That said, I think the Brewers split the other awards: Braun wins AP ROY, but Fielder loses MVP.

? -- Should we just designate this as the Postseason Awards Thread?
We already have several threads designated for individual "pre-award" discussion, and except for a hybrid thread, surprisingly, there isn't much duplication. Designating this thread for 'awards won' might be a good idea. As long as we have the merge feature available, going with the flow for the time being shouldn't pose a problem.

We do have one 'awards' tag covering all this, though. That's cool. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

some of the posters over there said that Tulo shouldve won it cause how much he's helped his team.. and where are the Brewers .. something like that he said.. but now only if Tulo could've helped his team away from home lol.. not the .256BA

not to mention that tulo even had said mid-season that while he thinks hes done well, hes amazed at how well other rookies have done.. aka braun

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm

Yeah, I pondered blue font, but decided my avatar would likely be enough. Oh well. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

Good point. My meter must be broken today. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived