Brewer Fanatic

Funny/clever Halloween costumes for the arts/crafts/construction impaired

LouisEly

Looking for ideas on funny/clever Halloween costumes. Being 6'3", 210, the "store-bought" costumes are too small anyway.

Something that is easy to replicate relating to news stories of the past year (last year I held up a cardboard sign that said, "Will work for planetary status - anything helps" - a reference to Pluto getting DFA'd), something sports related (like Steve Bartman - easy to do), politically based (like $%$! Cheney in blaze orange; if you don't want to get into a political discussion in the thread just send me a private email), TV/Movie based (unfortunately I don't watch much for TV or movies so I'm clueless there), or otherwise creative. It can't involve a lot of construction time, and I'm not skilled at it anyway.

Don't worry about me copying you - I live 2000 miles from most of you, so chances are you won't see me.

There is probably a joke costume in some sort of tie-in to the Rockies and the the latest Rocky movie. That would be easy. Especially if the Rockies win the WS -- you could make a costume out of a bathrobe/boxing ring/attire -- baseball pants and spikes -- and use some makeup to make it look like Apollo Creed worked your dome over.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I went as a ball point pen in college. White turtle neck, white pants, blue skull cap, and then on athletic tape I wrote BIC and pasted vetically on my chest.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

A buddy and I started with cheap green shirts and brown pants. We then hot glue gunned leaves to our shirts. We then tied a rope around both of our wastes and hung some random clothes from it (ie: a shirt, a bra, socks...). We went downtown to the bars and werew attached together by a 6 foot rope. We were a clothes line. It was a good time.

We just had someone buy a bunch of purple balloons so they can be a bunch of grapes. I told him he should walk around with a bottle of wine crying about his dead mother in the bottle. Tons of jokes all night with a wine bottle and grapes. All you have to do is blow the balloons and pin it to a shirt. Alterantively you can tie a bunch of balloons on a piece of ribbon and attach that to the shirt so there will be less chance of getting poked.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I bought a red/black plaid shirt, got some cheesy suspenders, wore my large winter boots and a cap and went as a lumberjack. Grand total--$5.

Personally, I'm not creative enough to come up with good costumes, and refuse to spend more than $20 for something I'll wear for a few hours. This isn't a bad thread for people like me.

this was an internet idea i used last year that was cheap and easy and everybody said I had a funny and creative costume, so apparently not many people besides me search the internet for ideas.

Sudoku:

cut different-coloured construction paper into numbers. Marker some squares on a whilte t-shirt and glue some of the numbers on. both sides of the shirt work best.

obviously you can only get nine squares on each side, but either way it makes for an awesome ice-breaker as people walk up to you and try to solve it.

one hockey game during Halloween a guy in front of me dressed up as the Menards guy. blue sweater, white wig, black-framed glasses. it was hilarious.

don't shave for two days, wear black cowboy stuff and carry nun-chucks--it's Chuck Norris. be ready with some of the jokes, though.

I'm hoping someone can come up with some good ideas here also. Where we live in northern wisconsin some of the small bars have some really nice prizes. My wife and I are currently thinking about going as, me a toilet and her a plunger. Anyone have any other ideas? This thread could get pretty entertaining if everyone posts pics of them dressed up and going out for Halloween.

Two years ago I wore a cow costume that i bought at Walmart, then added a cowbell around my neck (roommate is a percussionist, so that was easy).

The final touches consisted of a halo and wings from an angel outfit. Final product: Holy Cow

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Archived