Brewer Fanatic

What's new, Elijah Dukes? (accused of slapping pregnant exâ?¦reply #69)

Quote:
What about Steve Garvey, he has even more out of wedlock kids than Kemp does, but Kemp's the one who is always brought up.
Steve Garvey was just scavenging for kids, Shawn Kemp was looting kids...
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Rotoworld take on this:

Quote:
Elijah Dukes was told not to show up at the ballpark Wednesday, with manager Joe Maddon characterizing it as a "personal day."

Alledgedly impregnate an underage girl and get a paid day off. What a strange world it is that we live in.

Looks like ol' Elijah is a chip of the old block. Here is a quote from his mom, from an interview in the St. Petersburg Times:

Quote:
"Every time one of those (whores) lays down with my baby, they end up pregnant," she said. "That's right. And I'm tired of them."

sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/14/elijah-dukes-mom-wants-all-these-women-to-quit-trying-to-get-pr/

That article from Dukes's mom was amazing. Shouldn't she be telling him not to lay down with the women? She made it sound like they had some power over being pregnant. Unbelievable. This guy is a tool who will somewhere along his life end up in jail. Hey Elijah, just keep playing your video games and stay away from the women, dawg!

She made it sound like they had some power over being pregnant.

they do. but then they probably also have huge dollar signs in their eyes when they think about the child support.

i think this issue is blown up further than it should really be. and not to the extent that you'd release the kid for it. We're talking about an immature young baseball player who has a bunch of kids, so I don't think he's one in a million in terms of professional athletes.

for those of you who are getting any bright ideas:

I read today that in Florida it's only legal for a minor, aged 16-17, to have consensual sex if the other party is under 23 years old-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dukes just might be the stupidest human being alive. After reading that story, I agree with what the Devil Rays are doing in keeping him on the inactive list rather than just getting rid of him, but I would say the chances of this guy being a success are slim.

Elijah Dukes = Lawrence Phillips of Baseball?

But the guy is a raving lunatic. Didn't he charge into his wife's class while she was teaching kids and threaten her in front of the kids? First off, didn't the wife see him as a lunatic prior to marrying him, if not... why did Dukes all of a sudden become this lunatic? The Devil Rays somehow get the worst headcases as rookies (see Josh Hamilton and Toe Nash and now Jae Kuk Ryu).

Only Hamilton was able to get away from his problems and fix them before he made his way back to the Majors. Does Dukes have bipolar or manic-depressive disorder?

• 2 months later...
He still got paid for the entire year. I'm guessing some team will "trade" for him if he performs well. They'll say a change of location was just what he needed. I do hope this guy can get it together though. So much potential.

Steinbrenner signed Strawaberry and Gooden in spite of themselves, which did ressurect thier careers for awhile.

Don't be surprised if you see Dukes wearing a Yankee uniform someday.George loves doing those kind of "humanitarian" things with the publicity that goes with it.

I doubt the change of scenery will turn Dukes into a model citizen however.

Archived