Brewer Fanatic

What's new, Elijah Dukes? (accused of slapping pregnant exâ?¦reply #69)

Elijah Dukes and a 17 year-old girl are going to have a baby. What is wrong with this guy. Reports say that a friend and the girl told Dukes about the

pregnancy and Dukes responded by throwing a Gatorade bottle at them. YIKES!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elijah Dukes and a 17 year-old girl are going to have a baby. What is wrong with this guy. Reports say that a friend and the girl told Dukes about the pregnancy and Dukes responded by throwing a Gatorade bottle at them. YIKES!!

Eek.

Not too cool. The Gatorade bottle I find mildly amusing, the impregnating of a 17 year old not so much.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
Detectives believe the sex was consensual and no crime was commited, but the incident has sparked a state investigation into the foster home.

I guess age of consent in FLA is 16.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

What about Steve Garvey, he has even more out of wedlock kids than Kemp does, but Kemp's the one who is always brought up.

Well, Garvey's a white dude with a nice smile and is beloved by the media, but I digress.

What about Steve Garvey, he has even more out of wedlock kids than Kemp does, but Kemp's the one who is always brought up.

My bad,then it looks like Dukes has even more work to do if he wants to be the king baby maker in pro sports.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Garvey has more than seven kids out of wedlock?

Bumper sticker in San Diego during Garvey's exploits:

Garvey is not my Padre

He had three women knocked up simultaneously.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I know the new sport in America is to find folks guilty before all the facts, or even before any facts are in, but since this is a felony that could end someones life could everyone wait before declaring the guy a criminal.

Also, I am not an old hand around here but what does this have to do with baseball. I know the guy is baseball player but other then that I just cannot see the relevancy. It is a great gossip item but I don't know what it has to do with the Brewers or the game of baseball.

Sorry if I violated some board rule.

I thought I heard that Garvey had 9.

Anyway, no athlete can hold a candle to Screaming Jay Hawkins (of "I Put A Spell On You" fame). Jay had between 50 & 75 known kids at the time of his death at age 70 in 2000. That is entering Ramesses the Great territory (the pharaoh was said to have 110 kids). Still, both of them are put to shame by Ismail Ibn Sharif, a 17th century Sultan of Morocco who had over 800 children. That averages out to over 2 birthdays every day of the year! I wonder if he ever even met all of his kids, much less knew them well.

Archived