Brewer Fanatic

SNL Spoofs Dane Cook Playoff Promos

bthurley19

Good spoof of Cook - the guy sounds little like him, but has the wacky body gyrations down pat, not to mention the random 'correllations' Cook comes up with for those spots. I think part of the spoof is that they're not all high-quality or smooth, like the real ones.

Sam, thanks for linking that Onion article. I'd read that, but forgotten about it. Nice!

"...And to really hit it home, I'll climb up on the stool, howl, kick the stool over, and dive to the ground and do the worm. It looks totally spontaneous, but it's all carefully choreographed, and that's the beauty of it."

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'm at a loss to understand the appeal of Dane Cook.I've watched parts of stand up routines by Cook and can't say that i've come close to laughing even one time.He has a new one on HBO and my buddy had never seen a routine by Cook, so i put it on while my friend was over to see if he thought it was as bad as i do.After maybe 10 minutes,my friend just said please turn it off,this is painful to watch.

Cook is the Jessica Simpson of comedy. He's considered good because people were told he was and believed it against their better judgment.

It's weird that you named Jessica Simpson because she and Dane Cook were in a decent movie together, Employee of the Month.

I think someone forgot the blue font.

Cook is a MySpace $%#+$, he replies to every comment and posts blogs daily, and that does help sell tickets. Good grief Cris Crocker could probably sell out Madison Square Garden at this point, and he's even worse then Cook.

I kinda like the playoffs spots with Cook, I think they're pretty well done. And the last couple cd's he put out were very good, but the performance at the Garden was terrible. Some of his movie appearances have been pretty good, and others are pretty bad. I don't love him, but he's not terrible either. I've seen a lot worse.

Also, I hate how SNL has turned into 89 minutes of garbage with a hilarious 1 minute sketch - typically coming courtesy of Andy Samberg.
I don't watch SNL a whole lot any more. Over the last couple of years I caught some episodes and saw the opening credits and until recently I just always assumed they were saying Andy "Sandler" and that he was Adam Sandler's brother. He looks a lot like him and acts a bit like him as well. I think it's an amazing coincidence

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Add me to the group who does not get Dane Cook at all. His fans are psychos. If someone dares say something bad about him on YouTube, his fans come out in hordes with the 4-letter words and homophobic insults.

Anyone can write comedy like Dane Cook. It's easy:

1.) Find an every day situation, like buying candy at the gas station.

2.) Change some words and/or pronunciation around. Don't call it a gas station. Call it a "filling station." Instead of calling Skittles "Skittles," call them "Skits" or "Skitties."

3.) Make some vague reference to 80s or 90s pop culture. Perhaps reference the Smurfs or Transformers.

4.) Body gyrations, and lots of them.

Lather, rinse, and repeat for 90 minutes.

My 9 year old son is always making fun of me because I refer to "gas stations" as "filling stations". Not trying to be funny or witty...that's just what I have always called them.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived