Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Get Munson off Waivers; DFA Mike Jones

kgbaseball
honest question: would a post-TJ surgery Mike Jones (call him, receive t-shirt) be a viable candidate for bullpen work in a year or two? As has been mentioned before, we've had poor fortune in developing our own RP lately (and pitching in general). I'm unfamiliar with how Jones has injured his shoulder, though I know it's happened a lot. TJ guys have had success in the past, but perhaps Jones's arm is too damaged?
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, why not? Maybe he'd be better off just pitching one or two innings at a time instead of getting stretched out. He'd certainly have more life on his fastball that way. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Stars' ullpen after recovering from TJ.

Horse(bleep) for horse(bleep).

While the language rules could probably be a hair clearer about a case like this, Brewerfan asks that members not use verbiage that directly refers to a cuss. A synonym that passes muster with the cuss filter is fine.

I know this is off the subject, but I couldn't help but not what makes this such a great board.....moderators provide coaching as to proper use of alternative cuss language.

correct, logan, and Cappy is one on a long list of successful comebacks post-TJ surgery. I'd have to assume that even though there are many who've returned after TJ, the list of those who were never able to do so is likely longer. Even so, there's slight hope at least for Jones.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived