Brewer Fanatic

A-Rod just pawn in game of life (Agrees to new deal with Yanks)

splitterpfj
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frankly, I think both sides handled this badly. The Yankees camp looks like hypocrites, and basically turned all their statements into sticking their feet in their collective mouth. Boras looks irrelevant to the process. The only "winner" is maybe A-Rod, but he was basically going to get this money either way, so this whole process was basically pointless in the long run.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• 1 month later...

This is for GSP, and all those who loathe Boras, the following is from BBTF's Dan Szymborski's analysis of the TB Ray's 3-year extension of Carlos Pena:

"I'm shocked and appalled at this contract. The media's told me that Scott Boras forces players to squeeze every last dollar for every year of every single contract and if the player doesn't go along with his nefarious schemes, he ties them to the furnace in the basement, leaving them no choice but to subsist on basement bugs and their own urine.

Falling back to earth a bit or not, with an MVP-type season in 2007, Pena accepting a buyout of his first year of free agency for $8 million, I have to cringe at what Saw-type torture Pena had to endure in order for Boras to grant him the right to do so. Either that or admit that Scott Boras is an employee of his client who serves the wishes of his client, but that's way too logical to be true."

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived