Brewer Fanatic

Dusty Baker to Reds

Jay Zahn

yup, just heard Ken Rosenthal make the announcement. Very nice. Too bad for Pete Mackinin (sp?). I thought he had done a pretty good job.

Guess we can chalk up Harang and Arroyo for 250+ IP next year.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I guess I understand what the Reds are trying to do, getting a "big name" manager. Maybe they think they're a far enough along that a proven manager will get them over the hump, a la the 2006 Tigers. I personally don't see it, and I would have stuck with Mackanin.

I also shed a tear for Homer Bailey.

I wonder if this has any bearing at all on whether or not they pick up Dunn's option. With Krivsky likely to be fired after this season, you have to think he's going to do everything in his power to make a run for 75 wins.

I see no way they don't pick up the option, I just think they are going to end up trading him. They won't get much since he has a no trade clause so the receiving team will likely have to give Dunn a 4-5 year extension at $15 million per year at least.

"It's just like fishing. You're going striped bass fishing. You've got birds on top and you follow the birds. Where the birds are, the bait fish are below that. Below the bait fish are the striped bass. That's what you want to do. That's how you want to do your lineup. That way they can't escape. That's how I try to make my lineup out so the opposition can't pitch around this guy or that guy and that guy and can't escape. You try to get them in the crossfire."

Archived