Brewer Fanatic

Xbox 360 question

Houlie24x

I recently started having problems with Madden 08 freezing up. I took the game out and noticed a ring that looked like a scratch all the way around the disk. It real thin and along the outside of the cd. I never took the game out of the 360 since I got it and it the scratch wasn't there before.

Is this a known problem and is there anything I can do to either stop it from doing it again or getting a new game if it continues to freeze up on me?

If you tilt or bump the Xbox while it's spinning the disc inside, this ring will occur. Some Xboxes are more sensitive than others, and I've seen games scratch and become unplayable from as little as pulling the cord on the controller. My advice is to lay your Xbox horizontally, take the discs out when you're not playing and buy wireless controllers. If you have pets or children in the house, try hard to tuck your Xbox away in a place where they wont bump it when you're playing.

The good news is that you can take this opened game to Wal-Mart and they will gladly exchange your damaged copy for a brand new one.

Oh wow I didn't know that. I had the 360 laying on its side and it was slightly tilted because it was leaning on a cord from a different controller. The game is actually unplayable now. It freezes up at the same point every time.

I bought the game from Gamestop, will they take it back? How come Wal-mart will take this game back even if I didn't buy it there?

Thanks for the help.

I don't shop at Gamestop for my games, so I don't know their policy, but I do know that Wal-Mart will just about exchange anything for you. I bought my copy of Kameo used off of eBay and in a few weeks it became scratched with a ring. I took it to Wal-Mart and they were happy to exchange it for a new copy, even without a receipt.

I can't vouch for Gamestop's policies one way or the other, but based on the terrible service I have received from them in the past, I doubt they would take it back or exchange it.

Remeber to be careful in the future. It's a bummer that the 360s can do this to the discs, but after it happens once it's usually easy to avoid later on.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/nerd.gif

Fwiw, even though houlie's wasn't from pulling the controller cord, the 360 has the best wireless controllers I've ever come across in console gaming. They will literally work from a different room (my experience), and the batteries stay charged for a long time. My advice is buy the battery-with-charger pack, and one more battery (this works best if you play typically solo, but for a formula, just have one backup for each controller that's frequently used) - you'll never be without juice. I know they're not cheap, but it's definitely worth it.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived