Brewer Fanatic

Politicalbase.com (Not a political argument / debate thread)

bjkrautk

http://www.politicalbase.com/money/search/

I saw this site on Digg, and thought it deserved mention to spread the word. The site pulls data from the Federal Elections Commission, and keeps a searchable database on political contributions over $200.00 (or less, when dealing with the '08 Presidential campaign). You can either search an individual's name, or by an organization. (I spent awhile last night looking up pro sports teams, for instance....and my boss.) One blogger on the site went through the cast of SNL....which is actually the story I dugg.

I'm the first to admit that any discussion could devolve into something lock-worthy if people start arguing about the candidates or the donors. (e.g. "I always knew there was a reason why I hated Peyton Manning.") Don't be that guy (or girl). If you find a result that's interesting or surprising, or just think the search is as cool as I think it is, post away.

i skimmed the presidental contributions for milwaukee county and there are some pretty big names on the list. Ill leave it at that, because i can see how this thread can easily go downhill and get locked, and i think this is a pretty cool website.

I wanted to see if J.J. Hardy, Chris Capuano, Jeff Suppan, and Bill Hall contributed to the Jack Abbott campaign, but then I realized that this site only covers contributions to U.S. House, U.S. Senate, and U.S. Presidential races.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived