Brewer Fanatic

Top 10 expenses that add up...

jaybird2001wi

I've never met anyone who never tried coffee - just a bunch who tried it and hated it.

I was repelled by the smell of coffee when I was a kid, and that went a long way toward my not even developing a curiosity. Maybe my parents just brewed crappy coffee, but such is the power of early formative experiences. Plus even modest amounts of caffeine (like in soft drinks) get me uncomfortably wired - so I decided early on that coffee wasn't for me.

I ordered hot chocolate at a cafe once and was served a large mug of something that turned out to have coffee in it. But I wouldn't call that "trying" coffee, as my intent was to have something else.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

mothership, I guess I'm the 2nd person you know that has never even tried coffee. Never have, probably never will. It just doesn't interest me. Caffeine, in general, doesn't interest me.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I sure wish I hadn't partied with Travis Henry...all this child support is killing my ability to have normal habits like coffee and cigarettes. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Cigarettes

Music

Soda, which I guess is my substitute for coffee on that list

I also have a blueberry muffin out of the vending machine at work every morning for breakfast

I never go out to bars, so when I do drink a few beers, I don't pay that much. I buy maybe two twelve packs a month.

Brett

I saw that you smoke.Did you know that Wisconsin is about to add a $1.25 tax to each pack of cigs?I still smoke,but cut back alot from a pack a day to less than a half a pack a day.Even though i don't smoke much,i buy my cigs on the internet,26 a carton for Marlboro Lights vs 40 a carton if i were to buy them from a store or gas station here.Once that new Wisconsin tax hits,they will be over 50 a carton.People who smoke alot are crazy if they don't buy them off the net given they are nearly half price.

I know a lady that chain smokes,she said she smokes 3-4 packs a day,which is insane to me.She must spend about 250-275 a month on cigs and she isn't well off financially.I told her to buy her cigs off the net where she would save 8-9 bucks a carton,but she's not computer savy at all and doesn't trust buying stuff online.So she spends 33-34 a carton and buys two a week even though her brand online can be had for 22-23 plus shipping.I don't get it,she may as well light about 80 bucks a month on fire and once that tax hits,she'll waste nearly 180-200 a month.

If I smoke a pack every 2 days and I've been smoking for 8 years, I've spent $5760 on cigarettes at $4 a pack average in my lifetime. Really not as bad as I thought. Funny thing is, I've investigated buying the nicotine gum, but at $65 for 100 pieces it always seems to expensive. Yes I understand the lack of logic there.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smokin.gif

I'd be willing to bet I have spent a lot of money on sunflower seeds in my lifetime, since I spit just about daily and I've been doing that since I was about 12.

My company reimburses me for most of the gas I buy, but it's by far the biggest expense on my bank statement. I bought a new car in March and it has 27,500 miles on it already. If I get 20 miles/gallon, I have spent $4125 on gas at $3/gallon since March. Or about $500 a month on gasoline.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif

Insurance!!!! Wow is this a killer.

My business: Bar Insurance- $2000 annually and another $1500 goes to workman's comp.

Homeowners: Only about $500 annually

Health (screwing the small businessman)- $4000 annually for my 2 year old and myself

Auto- 4 people (2 teens)- $3600 annually

That's almost 12K my friends.

First thing to remember is that the article was targeted at individuals/families making 50 to about 100K a year who somehow still can't seem to do things like save for retirement or buy a house. The average Brewer fans biggest money down the drain expenses are almost certainly cigarettes, beer, and cable TV. And Weirdos if you think that was bad for health insurance my family plan through my teaching job was more than my house payment.

Brett

I saw that you smoke.Did you know that Wisconsin is about to add a $1.25 tax to each pack of cigs?I still smoke,but cut back alot from a pack a day to less than a half a pack a day.Even though i don't smoke much,i buy my cigs on the internet,26 a carton for Marlboro Lights vs 40 a carton if i were to buy them from a store or gas station here.Once that new Wisconsin tax hits,they will be over 50 a carton.People who smoke alot are crazy if they don't buy them off the net given they are nearly half price.

Yeah, I've been following this for a while. Phillip Morris sent me a mailer the other day to contact my state senator, etc. I smoke about a carton a week or so, but I buy my cigarettes at a Native American gas station that doesn't have tax on tobacco, so a carton of Marlboro's right now costs me about $28. I'm not really sure how they are going to be affected by this. I'm also not that certain that it's going to pass, anyhow. It's looking like right now there's a good chance it won't. The assembly almost certainly won't pass it.

The main message I am getting from that article is that my cost of living is really, really high. $5 beer sounds about right...

Coffee is my real weakness. Not the floofy Starbucks kind with all the fat and sugar and grossness, but $10 a week for Dunkin's cinnamon iced, black is worth it for me. And my gym membership... I don't even want to do the math on how much that costs a year. I use it though, because I tell myself how many dollars per day I'm wasting if I don't.

The key to buying lots of coffee is to know the staff at a coffeehouse...i drink about 10 espresso drinks a weeek, and i pay ffor maybe 3 of them, so about $6 a week for something like $30 of coffee...

i spend easily $100 a month on music...i just can't break myself from that habit...even still, i'm listening to the weezer blue album ight now which i bought over a decade ago..

Weirdos19 wrote:

Health (screwing the small businessman)- $4000 annually for my 2 year old and myself

Dude, that isn't to bad. I pay $3500 anually for insurance and that doesn't include the portion paid by my company.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Weirdos19 wrote:

Dude, that isn't to bad. I pay $3500 anually for insurance and that doesn't include the portion paid by my company.

That's with a $2000 deductible. It just about doubles if it goes to $500.

Archived