Brewer Fanatic

Leyva won't be back

patrickgpe
I was a bit surprised myself. I thought Leyva did a good job as 3B coach. But, if there were philosophical differences that led to Leyva not doing the job the way that Yost wanted, then the firing is perfectly legit. The bottom line is Ned's responsible for how the team is managed/coached. He has to have full reign over that. You can disagree and discuss things 'til your blue in the face as an employee, but if you do the job differently than the boss wants, he's well within reason to find somebody else. It's not different than any other walk of life. The person with the responsibility - no matter how open-minded and willing to hear dissention - has to be able to make the final call on how things will be done.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe nick voiced his displeasure with dale managing the team in neds stead. I know i would have if it was me.

Why would he do that? Not like its odd when the bench coach is managing over the 3B coach when the manager has been ejected or is suspended.

This is my take on the whole situation; I believe that Leyva was let go because he isnt a yes man. Ned doesnt want any dissenting opinions on his staff and Leyva may have been the only staff memeber with the foresight to question Ned's moves. Now as far as a replacement is concerned I would look at it this way; if Kremblas is hired it will be because Melvin directed the hiring, if we go outside the organization for a new third base coach then Ned is still making the decisions. Ned is more than aware thaat Kremblas is a rising star in the organization and a very likely replacement for him once he stumbles. Therefore I dont think that Ned will want Kremblas anywhere near this team. Getting rid of Leyva makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

This is my take on the whole situation; I believe that Leyva was let go because he isnt a yes man. Ned doesnt want any dissenting opinions on his staff and Leyva may have been the only staff memeber with the foresight to question Ned's moves. Now as far as a replacement is concerned I would look at it this way; if Kremblas is hired it will be because Melvin directed the hiring, if we go outside the organization for a new third base coach then Ned is still making the decisions. Ned is more than aware thaat Kremblas is a rising star in the organization and a very likely replacement for him once he stumbles. Therefore I dont think that Ned will want Kremblas anywhere near this team. Getting rid of Leyva makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I'm sure Ned will do the hiring no matter who get's hired. If Melvin didn't have confidence in Ned he would no longer be here. As far as Kremblas goes the only people who see him as the next manager of this team are fans. Melvin isn't looking for the guy to replace Ned. Fans are. Ned will hire the guy who can best help his team win. That's the best way to keep his job. Any other ideas like he won't want anyone capable of taking his job just doesn't make sense since by definition all of the coaches are. That's the stepping stone to the managers job. He'd ahve fired Sveum and Sedar as well if that was the case since they are further along to the managers spot than Kremblas is.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived