Brewer Fanatic

Offseason Dates: your predictions

Menotti80

Just wondering WHEN some of these things will happen:

Some of the will be purely speculation, but I haven't followed this site in the offseason like I will be this year, so you guys will have better guess than me:

1st trade rumor featuring a really big-named player that will eventually never happen

1st Real Legit Trade Rumor sparking a huge debate

1st actual Trade

Brewers biggest off-season acquisition/trade

Decisions on Jenkins, Linebrink, Graffy, Mench and other players we don't forsee coming back

Winter Meetings (what are the dates?)

2008 starting rotation and lineup set

First Game Thread!!!

Also, if Jenkins' option is 9ish million or whatever, is there any lower price he could sign for that ANy of you would want him back??? What if he would take a paycut down to $7 mill. to play for us next year in a platoon role? $6 mill? $5 mill? $1 mill? lol

Also, if Jenkins' option is 9ish million or whatever, is there any lower price he could sign for that ANy of you would want him back??? What if he would take a paycut down to $7 mill. to play for us next year in a platoon role? $6 mill? $5 mill? $1 mill?
There's some pretty significant discussion of Jenkins' future in this thread:

Jenkins an '08 Brewer - yea or nay?

Let's use the Jenkins thread for discussion of that topic and use this thread for the other items mentioned in the lead post.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewers biggest off-season acquisition/trade - Early this year. I'll guess pre-winter meetings. Wow, I haven't thought about winter meetings in a long time, and I just got excited. Nothing more exciting in December than the winter meetings.

Weak FA market, I'll guess a lot of teams will skip right over it and start trade negotiations, at least for the bigger acquisitions.

As for who it'll be, I'll go with my Kearns+Ayala/Rauch idea, though can't quite say what we'll have to give up.

Decisions on Jenkins, Linebrink, Graffy, Mench and other players we don't forsee coming back

I'm going to make a bold prediction and guess that we'll resign Cordero. Also, though I won't predict it, I'm not going to be surprised at all if we retain Jenkins.

Winter Meetings (what are the dates?)

First week in December, 95% positive. That' would be the 3rd-7th.

a ha - with said 15 days being the window in which teams can renegotiate with their own players (obv. before any other team can officially offer - wonder how many conversations btw. players/agents and clubs 'totally never ever talk about contract stuff - honest!'http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

1st trade rumor featuring a really big-named player that will eventually never happen: November 3rd (world series ends November 1st, I can't see us running with rumors much after that)

1st Real Legit Trade Rumor sparking a huge debate: November 22nd (seems like things always heat up around thanksgiving)

1st actual Trade: December 6th (have no idea when the winter meetings start, but its always around the first week of December so ill go with it)

Archived