Brewer Fanatic

10/8/2007 (Mon.) Division Series Game: Indians at Yankees, 6:37 PM CDT, TBS

1992casey

The evil is gone! I can watch the playoffs in peace.

Hopefully the same people who always go after A-Rod for choking will go after Jeter for his 3 DPs in the last 2 games.

And Joe Torre....feel free to return to Milwaukee and manage, now that you'll have some free time on your hands.

After watching the Indian at bats in this series I kept wondering why they don't swing at those sliders in the dirt and just off the corner. Sad to say I've become conditioned to it by seeing Jenkins, Hall, Weeks, and to a lesser extent Fielder and Braun chase those bad pitches for the past 6 months.

The evil is not fully gone from the playoffs. The Red Sox are still in that category as far as I'm concerned with their 125+ million $ payroll.

One of my coworkers just asked me about a trivia question that was apparently posed and answered during the Yankees' last game Monday night. They caught part of the question (something about a one-time baseball event that occurred on either October 8 or October 9) but not the answer.

I only saw the end of the game myself, but I said I'd check here. Does anyone know about this trivia question/answer?

Thanks in advance.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The evil is not fully gone from the playoffs. The Red Sox are still in that category as far as I'm concerned with their 125+ million $ payroll.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. The Red Sox are just as bad as the Yankees when it comes to buying wins.

One of my coworkers just asked me about a trivia question that was apparently posed and answered during the Yankees' last game Monday night. They caught part of the question (something about a one-time baseball event that occurred on either October 8 or October 9) but not the answer.

I only saw the end of the game myself, but I said I'd check here. Does anyone know about this trivia question/answer?

Thanks in advance.

The question was: "What is the one thing in baseball that happened on this date that had never happened before, and has never happened since?" The answer was a perfect game in the World Series, tossed by Don Larsen in 1956.

Archived