Brewer Fanatic

Glavine Reportedly to Decline Option with Mets

Per ESPN- Maybe we sign him for one year? He's not the same pitcher he once was, but the guy is as consistent a pitcher as anyone in the league the past 15 years. He's no Ben Sheets, but he's not going to go 0-22 either.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3048400

That said, he might be leaning towards retirement to spend more time with his family. Wisconsin is a GREAT place to finish a career and raise a family Tom! I'd want out of NY if I were you too...

I would imagine he's considering coming back. You think he would just retire with the Mets instead of declining the option and then retiring. It'd be interesting to have him with the Brewers to say the least, but I think we need to determine who is part of our rotation first before we add anyone else.

Remember when Glavine was part of the union with Atlanta and said Milwaukee shouldn't have a team when they were fighting against revenue sharing? No thanks and I don't think he likes Milwaukee very much. He does like the golf courses though.

Mets fans are basically chasing him out of town after his implosion in the season finale, so I doubt he'll be back with the Mets. It's a pretty safe bet to say he'll be going back to Atlanta...they need back of the rotation guys and Glavine is at least a little better than the Jo-Jo Reyes' of the world.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived