Brewer Fanatic

South Park returns!

bjkrautk
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That episode was great. Classic South Park formula. Kids do something once, parents go way overboard, kids are the only sane ones. I liked the Cartman telling his kitty to write a diary while hiding in the attic. Anne Frank reference with a picture of Hitler in the background. Many other funny things, but mostly related to boob jokes.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Today's episode made me laugh so hard.

I've actually partied with the creator of the YouTube video that was parodied by the boys (starring Butters), so I guess that puts me on Six Degrees of South Park!

I think this is the first South Park my wife has ever watched with me from beginning to end, and it was not very good. The whole "buddy, guy, fwiend" schtick got old quickly. I did laugh at the blatant Canadian stereotypes (Abootman, the hockey player and lumberjack), but I didn't like anything else.

This episode did cause me to seek out the sneezing baby panda on Youtube. So cute. Does anyone have a link for the paranoid gopher?

Butter's video was funny and so was Kyle explaining what he learned, but other that that I didn't laugh too much.

Butters' video was freaking hilarious and singlehandedly had me dying of laughter. It was an incredible spot-on parody/re-creation of the original. I wonder how much Samwell got paid to license that song for the episode...

EDIT:

Speaking of Samwell, I partied with him last year right after the video came out. The guy is beyond awesome.

• 7 months later...

Well I had to revive this thread on light of the episode last night. I thought it was hilarious. I thought the goths sitting and drinking coffee and smoking was especially funny since my wife told me she used to do that at George Webb when she lived in Waukesha.

Episodes like last night are why I think the show should be canceled and brought back as a special. The only other thing I have found funny this year is when Clraig told Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny that nobody liked them.

I blame Wang.

I nominate Mr. Scotch(Butter's dad) as the stupidest parent on South Park. I originally thought it was Randy Marsh, but not after Butter's dad put hamburger helper in his own milk because it was not in alphabetical order in the Pantry.

I blame Wang.

• 1 year later...
Hate to give a 2 year old thread a bump but Wednesday's episode was hilarious. The shake weight made my wife laugh. Your workout is finished, here is some cab fare, now going to sleep mode. Normally we let our oldest watch but not this one. It was offensive and had that "Oh my god I can't believe they did that" quality that I liked about the show when it first came out.

I blame Wang.

I watched the uncensored version on South Park Studios. That is the kind of episode that hooked me on South Park. Cartman's Gordon Ramsey impression was amazing and the constant use of Creme Fraiche was so funny.

Edit: About the Shake Weight. I'm pretty sure everyone who has seen that commercial has thought about what it looks like before, so I'm glad somebody finally made fun of it because we were all thinking it anyways.

SNL did that sketch months ago...so it's not exactly like South Park broke new ground.? I still thought it was a good episode of SP, since they have a talent for pop culture satire, and since they can get away with certain things because they're a cartoon program (like the 'mist' at the end of the workout, or the pulse button).

That said,

Archived