Brewer Fanatic

South Park returns!

bjkrautk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow that was 22 min. of non stop laughter.

You can tell that they had been planning that one for a while with all of the "Tourette's Guy" quotes that have been going around these days. But yeah, the episode was definitely an all-time favorite for me.

That definitely was a laugher, which is weird, because all he really did was blurt out swears and other perverse stuff. I guess it brought out the 7th grader in me. The stuff that he couldn't help but say ("touching ******* with his cousin" and what not) was pretty hilarious too.

Yeah, they really let him go off. Definitely pushed boundaries with the Jewish stuff.

I believe that episode may have been the only time that I have ever heard one particular ethnic slur used on TV; I had always considered that word to be the Jewish equivalent to the N-word.

(Ironically / coincedentally enough, "N-word guy" was on just before the new show last night.) It will be interesting to see whether the show / network gets criticized...and if they do...how soon they spin that criticism into a new episode.

Thought it was a pretty poor show. The only part that brought a chuckle was when the had the "Emmy Award Winning Show" along the bottom while Randy Marsh was in the bathroom. Didn't much care for last week's episode either.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I mostly appreciate the way that shows like South Park and Family Guy find a way to get around the rules. I thought it was brilliant. I can just imagine the writers sitting in a room thinking about how they could fit the most terrible language into one episode, followed by one having a "eureka" moment.

Think about this experience. Your main goal is to fit as much foulness into one episode as possible. Suddenly someone says outloud "Let's give Cartman tourettes!". Everyone's jaw drops. It's the holy grail of crude animated humor. It's so beautiful, you're speechless. They had a standard for the writers to live up to...and someone just went way above that standard.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

[looking away from the computer] I'd just like to state that I'm totally psyched to see this episode tonight when it's replayed in 45 min. Pacific Time. I missed it (stupidly) last night, and have avoided this thread once I saw the new ep was being discussed. I have a tendency to really enjoy episodes of SP that many think are lame. Not just to be "that guy", but this honestly seems to happen.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This episode was kind of stupid, but I'm not really a poop-joke lover. People who are will probably enjoy it. I thought it was a shame they weren't able to carry over the momentum from last week's episode, but there's always next week.

As I thought I might....I really enjoyed it. I love that Parker & Stone unashamedly pursue jokes like "Turd Trimester." When the SP guys decide to do a send-up of someone, they pull no punches. The Bono theme music was awesome, especially when he was in Africa doling out some humanitarianism. I had no idea about the "King of Kong' doc you mentioned, bj - thanks for the tip.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I am surprised nobody commented on this week's South Park. I think it was the best one so far this season. It sucks that it is a 2 parter, but anytime there is a Thundercats reference you have to be happy.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I am surprised nobody commented on this week's South Park. I think it was the best one so far this season. It sucks that it is a 2 parter, but anytime there is a Thundercats reference you have to be happy.
Couldn't agree more. Of course, thus far this season has been disappointing. It seems like they are always trying to "go over the top" or really rip into a celebrity.

In my opinion the best shows are just plain old character shows. The Big Gay Al episode was fantastic. The trip into imagination land was great. I personally enjoy the shows the focus on Stan, Kyle and Cartman more than the celebrity based episodes. (Well, with the exception of the taco flavored kissed)

i agree the Tourettes episode was funny because it was something you could see Cartmen doing, the second one was not funny really at all and more was just an attack at Bono and Kurek. This has potential, i will be looking forward to see where they are going with this one.

Any attack on "Bono" is funny.

There "Henifer Lopez" episode was the best

"Taco flavored kisses for my Beeeennnn"

"When i run for the border, you know what i am going to order......2 large tacos and a soda pop" (quote alittle off but you get the point"

Archived