Brewer Fanatic

The "Seriously, I don't get it - that song isn't that good" thread.

DougJones43

Back on topic, how about anything by Stevie Nicks? Her popularity has always baffled me. She sings like a sick muppet.

She's made at least one 'appeare\ance' on South Park, and they make her a goat - which hilariously sums up how I think her singing voice sounds. The people in the episode(s) address her as "Ms. Nicks", and compliment her work. Sorry - for some reason, I couldn't find a picture. The episode I know for sure is #509, "Osama Bin Laden has Farty Pants," as the boys use 'Ms. Nicks' (a gift from of thanks from Afghani kids to whom the boys sent charity money) to sneak aboard a US Military plane headed to Afghanistan, in order to return the goat - since they don't want to care for it.

Ironically, I respond to a quote beginning with "Back on topic..." with that. Sorry, carry on!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate Sublime. Every song is like "doot DOOT doot DOOT doot DOOT doot DOOT smoke weed everyday doot DOOT doot DOOT". It's just Jimmy Buffett for people under 30.

Everclear is like that too. "Dum dum dum dumdumdumdum.......yeaaaahhhh" I liked some of their songs in high school until I came to the realization that they're all the same.

Add me to the Fergie hate list.

And this thread brings to mind another great old Onion article: "Senate Debates The Coolness of Rush."

BrettAC - That was me. Our musical tastes are very sim, I have noticed this in other threads. For example I am seeing Ryan Adams next week in Atlanta and Birmingham.

Sorry if I did not name the most popular Hollies song correctly, but cut me a little slack it was 20 years before I was born!?!

I can't stand the whole Rap-Rock and/or Rap-Metal genre. To me it's just two completely different styles of music that should never be fused together.

Word. P.O.D., Linkin Park, Saliva, etc. Get rid of all of em.

I never "got" the popularity of Stevie Nicks (with or without Fleetwood Mac)

I was about ready to post something about Fleetwood Mac right before I read this post. I don't get them. Also, for the most part, I don't like Rush. I'm rare, I know.

Regarding Sweet Caroline, I hate the "so good, so good" chant. Don't sing parts of the song that don't belong.

This may also be blasphemous, but Eric Clapton solo, without Cream, Derrick and the Dominos, etc...not a huge fan.

I am not a stripper, but I will debate the fact that you cannot dance to "Pour Some Sugar On Me." It has been done. At a wedding reception in a gin fueled haze, but done nonetheless.

Here is another vote for that "Hey There, Delilah" song. It makes me want to punch my own self in the face. Also, anything by Rascal Flatts and Kenny Chesney.

Just curious...did you hate it the first time you heard it? Or was it just being overplayed that causes such hatred?

I hated it the first time I heard it, which was only for the 30 seconds iTunes gives you. I take the subway every day and don't have a car, so I don't encounter the radio very often. Yet, I still feel like I'm hearing it everywhere -- in line at the Dunkin' Donuts, in bars, and every 2 minutes when my friends and I get a car for the day (one of my friends loves it, so there's no escaping). But, to be fair, it's not my kind of music. I'm more of a hair band or singers/songwriters of the 70s kind of girl.

"Pour some sugar on me", if people really knew what it ment. Sprinkling cocaine on your hoo hoo dilly while the girl is "cleaning" it, isnt exactly wedding some material, or is ithttp://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

I was into the rapcore stuff but not limp bizkit(minus the first album which was good). The only good corn album that is good is the first one. If you do like the type of music and want a good band, check out Bobaflex.

If any mentions Tom Jones, i will fight you to the death..with spoons...yeah spoons....think about that.

Mark my main hatred of music down to Black Eyed Peas, U2 (I know I'll take it for that one) that STUPID Umbrella song, and Will Smith. Stick to the acting, please.

"Spirit of Radio" is the best song by Rush, hands down.

Two bands that just need to be mentioned in an opposite fashion, simply because the just plain out rock are "Supertramp" and "Jethro Tull"

If Nickelback is supposed to be modern grunge, Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley are rolling in their graves.

As for the bands that I just don't get that are (or still are) popular: Metallica post-Napster debate (Lars, Napster wasn't the reason people stopped buying your music -- they stopped buying because it's horrible), Beyonce, Fergy (why does she use London Bridge as a metaphor for a part of her anatomy?), Gwen Stefani (although No Doubt had a few good songs), 50 Cent (his new single is "feat. Justin Timberlake", but Timberlake is in more of the song than 50 is), Rihanna (you can't just steal the music from "Tainted Love" and write your own crappy lyrics over it!), anything Disney Channel spews out (including High School Musical), and basically every modern rock band since they all sound the same.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jethro Tull will suck for no other reason than that dam flute. ANNOYING. Get rid of the flute and you might have something.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hey, I thought we weren't supposed to get offended at others choices? I've kept my mouth shut.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived