Brewer Fanatic

Looking for an apartment

paul253
I am searching for a decent, 1 bedroom apartment in Milwaukee. My preferences are either the East side, Downtown, or Bay View. My price range is anywhere up to about $750. I am looking for something that includes parking, or has it available, dishwasher, and in unit laundry. I'd prefer a patio/balcony and central air, but they aren't deal breakers. If anyone knows of any specific buildings (I am not looking for websites where I can search apartments), please help me out.

I rent a 2 bedroom upper in Bayview with a backyard, garage, balcony and a basement for $665/month. There seems to be many others in the same price range in the Sunday edition of the Journal Sentinel.

Best advice, pick up the Sunday paper.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I recommend Craig's List too.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

You can get cheap rents on the east side in decent places if air is not a big deal for you. Lots of older buildings along Prospect are great but never had air put in. Also check the Shepard's Express and MKE. Once saw a great deal on a 3 bdrm town house in the 3rd Ward -1100 a month including parking.

yeah air is not that big of a deal...i have it now, and its great, but a lot of the places i've been looking at don't have it. I'm more concerned with keeping the price for the apt and parking under $750

I am searching for a decent, 1 bedroom apartment in Milwaukee. My preferences are either the East side, Downtown, or Bay View. My price range is anywhere up to about $750. I am looking for something that includes parking, or has it available, dishwasher, and in unit laundry. I'd prefer a patio/balcony and central air, but they aren't deal breakers. If anyone knows of any specific buildings (I am not looking for websites where I can search apartments), please help me out.

$750 for decent might be a stretch. I have a friend with a 2 bedroom in the East Side (Humboldt) with a balcony, 2 car garage and all laundry facilities, but it's $825. If you are interested, the listing is here.

If you call Ken, tell him Alan sent you. He might wiggle a little on the price.

you should definitely be able to find a duplex renting in that range for your price in bay view.

its really nice over here...especially when you sleep right through the 15 police cars that whizzed past your house at 2:30 in the morning! side note...i wish i could have seen the person try to swim away into lake michigan.

• 10 months later...

I'm going to resurrect this.

When we initially moved home, we took one of the first things we could find and ended up over our heads for a place in Franklin. Our lease is coming to and end and my parameters are the following. I need a 2br or 1BR w/ loft, somewhere near work (Miller Park). I'd prefer to stay west of 43rd St and South of the interstate. Utilties aren't a big deal, but the more paid the merrier. I'd like to stay below $750. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I highly recommend using Craigslist. You can narrow the search by the number of BR, the people that post really know what they're doing and give good information on location and usually pictures. We got the bottom of a duplex 2BR with off-street parking and a basement that way 2 years ago and we're still paying $650 a month.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm going to resurrect this.

When we initially moved home, we took one of the first things we could find and ended up over our heads for a place in Franklin. Our lease is coming to and end and my parameters are the following. I need a 2br or 1BR w/ loft, somewhere near work (Miller Park). I'd prefer to stay west of 43rd St and South of the interstate. Utilties aren't a big deal, but the more paid the merrier. I'd like to stay below $750. Any ideas would be appreciated.

So you are basically looking at West Milwaukee, the east side of West Allis or somewhere near Alverno college. I'm guessing you should have no trouble finding a place in your price range around there.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived