Brewer Fanatic

10/03/2007 (Wed.) Division Series Games: Rockies at Phillies, Angels at Red Sox, Cubs at Diamondbacks

1992casey
  • Rockies (Francis) at Phillies (Hamels), 2:00 PM CDT, TBS
  • Angels (Lackey) at Red Sox (Beckett), 5:30 PM CDT, TBS
  • Cubs (Zambrano) at Diamondbacks (Webb), 9:00 PM CDT, TBS

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be fun to watch Doug Davis go in game 2 against the Cubs.

Ohhhhh, you don't have to tell me that. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif I'll be wearing my Davis Brewers jersey and root root rooting for the Sharpie (and the home team).

I'm not sure how late I'll have to stay up. On one hand, Doug's been out of his starts by the 5th or 6th innings a lot this season. On the other hand, it's the postseason, which is bound to feature more commercials and delays; and Doug can make 5-6 innings take a while regardless of ad time.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Man Beckett was just filthy tonight.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

The TBS production of these playoff games is top-notch. IMO, way better than anything ESPN and/or FOX would throw at us.

I'm really envisioning a Colorado-CHC NLCS right now -- I hope I'm right. That could be a lot of fun.

I'm really envisioning a Colorado-CHC NLCS right now -- I hope I'm right. That could be a lot of fun.

Wait, you're hoping the Cubs win a series? Blaspheme!

Anywho, I hope Arizona wins this series and the Rockies win their's, because that would be fun to watch all those young ballplayers go at it.

Community Moderator

A Colorado-Cubs NLCS would be just like 2003--the "who are these guys" Marlins/Rockies vs. the Cubs.

A Rockies/D'backs NLCS would be a ratings disaster. The Diamondbacks have no fans (expect Wrigley South tonight with empty seats) and the Rockies have a small fan base. I really hope the Rockies make it to the World Series.

A Rockies/D'backs NLCS would be a ratings disaster.

That's probably true, but I'd watch it. And it may help baseball in the long run. It's not like the Cubs are going to sell a million more seats because of this, but Arizona and Colorado were 19th and 20th in season attendance this year. It's not like I want those clubs to be able to outspend the Brewers later on, but it's good for the overall scheme of things. I'd love to see an Arizona/L.A. series.

I think that the great production so far by TBS isn't that surprising because Inside the NBA is also a high quality program. I think the common factor in this Ernie Johnson, who was actually born in Milwaukee (thank you Wikipedia). That guy is nothing but professionalism and class in my opinion.

Wait, you're hoping the Cubs win a series? Blaspheme!

Anywho, I hope Arizona wins this series and the Rockies win their's, because that would be fun to watch all those young ballplayers go at it.

Maximum heartbreak for Cubs fans makes my life more enjoyable. If there's another Bartman-like incident in the playoffs, I'll be so happy. Does that make me a bad person (lol)?

Looks like the Cubs fans have invaded Arizona. How irritating for those poor AZ fans.

I just popped onto Gameday to see that Z had led off with a double. Then Brandon Webb punches out the top of the order, in order. Man, that guy is good. Hopefully he keeps it up tonight.

What are the chances we see Micah Owings pinch hit? If he does, what are the chances he goes yard? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived