Brewer Fanatic

Time Warner Cable adds TBS-HD (now in Milwaukee)

tomwopat

Since TBS is a Time Warner channel, it seems odd to me that it wasn't automatically added to the HD lineup on all Time Warner systems right away.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

ESPN HD is not free in Milwaukee.

Most of the HD channels are free (Fox, ABC, NBC, TNT, FSN etc), but ESPN wasn't included. In order to get ESPN HD you had to buy a package with like 7 HD channels for like $7 or $8 a month. It stinks for me because ESPN HD is the only channel I watch out of the whole package...

endaround, do you have an approximate date as to when that might have happened? I want to make sure my dad, who's a Time Warner customer, isn't paying more than he has to.

It happened about 4-6 weeks ago when they did their last channel change up. They added Nicktoons, dropped Nick West, moved ESPN Classic to the digital tier, added ESPN U and added ESPN 2 HD at 528 and ESPN HD at 530 and moved some other stuff around.

according to Time Warner, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD and FSN HD are included in the HD package you have to pay extra for. So according to them it is not free.

FSN HD has always been free. There's never anything on it, but its been free. You have a Time Warner HD box and not just a built in tuner?

ESPN & ESPN2 HD, as well as FSN HD are free here in Appleton, but a lot of the times (like tonights MNF game) ESPN keeps skipping and getting those digital blocks on the screen and it's totally unwatchable.... Man oh man I hate TW. They obviously aren't supplying enough bandwidth.

TBS basically split into two channels yesterday. They bought the Peachtree Network earlier this year and at least here in Atlanta, have basically made that the "local" TBS. The "new" TBS here is what you guys are now getting in HD. It's strange, though, because both channels are essentially the same and they are both basically the same as the "old" TBS. Now there's just two of them. It looks like the "new" TBS will have all of the prime time movies and sports in addition to sitcoms, whereas Peachtree will pretty much just be sitcoms.

We've been getting TBS HD for ages down here (makes sense, since this is Atlanta). The split is odd, too, because TBS had always been channel 7 on Comcast at my house. Now it's channel 39 and Peachtree is 7. But TBS HD stayed at the "7" equivalent in the HD range of channels (807). Bizarre.

I've been getting ESPN HD for a long time and started getting ESPN2 HD last year, both for "free." Comcast sucks though, in that they moved the NFL network to a "Sports Tier," so now that I paid the $5 per month to upgrade my services in order to get Packers vs. Vikings last year, I would have to upgrade again to get the Sports Tier. I had actually intended on downgrading my service right after the Packers game, but that package gave me all the Encore channels, too, which is cool.

Is Turner South still around or did they finally pull the plug?

It's still around. Channel 53 on Comcast down here in Atlanta. They show some of the Braves games, along with TBS and Fox Sports.

according to Time Warner, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD and FSN HD are included in the HD package you have to pay extra for. So according to them it is not free.

ESPN and ESPN2 HD are "free." ESPN used to only be on their HD pay package but they changed that. Right now I think there are only a few channels on their pay HD plan... Mojo (formerly INHD and INHD2), HDNET, and HDNET Movies.

Also... Time Warner (especially TW-Milwaukee) annoys me. They are introducing HD channels, however; it is pretty slow. They need to start competing with DirecTV and now Uverse soon. Their packages aren't much, if any, cheaper. They offer quite a bit less in HD content. They're also not making much progress getting subscribers the NFL network OR the Big 10 network.

I would have been EXTREMELY upset if the Brewers made the playoffs and it TBS hd wasn't available. Now I'm only upset.

I am very disappointed with the TBS broadcasts. Some of the play-by-play guys are boring and their voices are unfamiliar. TBS has absolutely NO crowd noise in their broadcasts and you just don't get that big-game feeling. Also, most of us are not getting these games in HD and it stinks.

There's just no energy or life in these broadcasts. I wish they would go back to ESPN and FOX.

Oops, I should have read that note about Channel 534 being in HD.

...and one of the mods should have updated the thread title yesterday when TBS-HD's addition to the Milwaukee channel lineup was announced. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

Archived