Brewer Fanatic

Thank you Geoff Jenkins!

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 2 favorite Jenkins moments - 6/30/05 vs. Cubs (Maddux) Jenks went 3-4 with 3 doubles in a 10-6 brewer win. My wife and 2 of my kids first trip to Wrigley.

Then this year vs. Minn. His 3-run homer for # 200. 3-4 with 5 rbi and I was with some Twins fans, that was a great game.

If DM can magically get him back for less than market value, go ahead and sign the guy. If he slips through the cracks maybe you get him on the cheap, but even with all the good memories you can't drop 9 mil on a platoon guy.

Nice thought but looks like he isn't going to slip throught he cracks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Padres-expected-to-make-offer-to-Geoff-Jenkins?urn=mlb,52646

Good for him. I'm glad at least one good team is interested in his services. I honestly thought if he wanted significant playing time he'd be looking at a poor team looking for a stop gap type player. I think he'd be a good fit for that outfield. They need strong armed, plus defenders in the corners there.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I just relocated from Milwaukee to San Diego (arrived the day the fires started...like a genius) and secrectly feared that Geoff would be following me here (since he's just the kind of half-assed "B" defense/"C" stick kind of acquisition that seems to make sense here in NL West country). I certainly don't hate the man and have some fond memories, but this move was about getting a fresh start in many ways and watching his thick goatee'd uppercut isn't at all the reminder of home I need out here.

I just relocated from Milwaukee to San Diego (arrived the day the fires started...like a genius) and secrectly feared that Geoff would be following me here (since he's just the kind of half-assed "B" defense/"C" stick kind of acquisition that seems to make sense here in NL West country). I certainly don't hate the man and have some fond memories, but this move was about getting a fresh start in many ways and watching his thick goatee'd uppercut isn't at all the reminder of home I need out here.

We could send you a couple truck loads of snow:)
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived