Brewer Fanatic

09/30/2007: Padres (Tomko) at Brewers (Suppan), 1:05 PM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely a fun game to watch...definitely fun to be the ones spoiling the season for another team for a change.

Geoff K's in what's likely to be his last AB as a Brewer (assuming they don't sign him back cheaper next year). Crowd gave him a standing O, which is nice to see...he's given the Brewers a lot over the years.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Great year, imo. It will be a fun offseason posting at Brewerfan this year. I look forward to it.

Despite no postseason and the internal struggles with the Brewers, this has been one of the best years in recent memories and next year will be even better. Sorry Brady Clark.

I was at the game, so obviously I didn't see any replays -- was Braun's ball in the 1st a home run? Sure looked like it hit off the back wall with the ivy from where we were.

Bill said it hit the top of the wall and bounced back in and wasn't a HR. I didn't see it, but they were talking about that later in the game.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I was at the game, so obviously I didn't see any replays -- was Braun's ball in the 1st a home run? Sure looked like it hit off the back wall with the ivy from where we were.

Nate Silver was doing a chat from Miller Park and said they blew the call and it was a HR.

From the highlights I saw on BBTN, Kouzmanoff's wasn't a home run, it really looks like it hit the seam between the yellow padding and the blue padding. Braun's on the other hand, was still too tough to tell from the replays, IMO.

That was a fun game to be at today.

Yes it was. However, I was there Thursday and Friday too..

I hate to admit that I have been pulling for the Padres for the wild card until they came to town, and have always been a big Buddy Black fan. As much as I still like Buddy, after that experience, Since elimination night Friday, I couldn't care less about their chances anymore. I was glad to be there when my team snatched their lead and their hopes for a wild card clinch. The taste of the Padres' own medicine must've been bitter indeed. This added sweetness to the flavor of our season ending victory.

Also, afterwards the Brewers hung out and emptied the dugout of bats, balls, (emroidered) towels, and other goodies handing them out to the fans in the stands. The children were moved to the front of the line and the disabled came first. We watched from the loge and it brought tears to your eyes. It was a wonderful finish to the season. They were all role models today, every one of them. How many people can say that about their own MLB team?

That game was a blast to watch.

As for home runs, Braun and Kouzmanoff both hit theirs on the top of the wall, on the yellow. If I recall correctly, if the ball hits the yellow line, it's a home run.

Corey Hart's triple was awfully close to the line, too, but I couldn't see it clearly.

I think Jenkins's send-off was about the best way to do it - that way, he could get a proper farewell.

I really hope the Rockies win tonight and again tomorrow. It would be nice to know that we ruined the Padres' entire season in 2 games.

they "ruined" ours, so turnabout is fair play.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I just wanted to post in the last IGT of the season...I admit I was watching football today here in SF.

I was really pleased the way they won today. I was extremely bitter about the season a few days ago, but they really did meet my hopes for the year (although in the most roundabout, painful way possible!).

Archived