Brewer Fanatic

Many Thanks

reillymcshane
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Many thanks to all the great posters, those who participate, those who make this fun, and the all the folks who run stuff - Brian, colby, moderaters, etc. - you know who yo uare. I have had a busy summer, so I have not participated much this year, but I check in regularly. It's always fun. My thanks.

No one can say they aren't disappointed in the outcome of the season, but such is life. I wish we were in the 'offs, but we were in the race for 160 games. Not anything to shout about, but it was fun, even if frustrating.

Go Crew.

This has been the best site for quite some time. I thank everyone for their oppinions and analysis of all of the statistics during the season. It felt so good to be in the race this year.

My only regret, is the Cubs are going into the post season. I'll have a sick feeling about it until spring training '08!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
True True. Great season, looking forward to '08. And I'd also like to thank the Brewers for all the great memories from 2007.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm glad to have the opportunity to read/post here. Outside of talking with my dad, Brewerfan.net is the only place I know of where I can discuss baseball with people who have as much interest and passion as I do for the Brewers and the game.

Yep...I haven't lived in Wisconsin in years and years, and this place has been and will continue to be really invaluable. Intelligent, too. This place was like heaven after trawling through the ESPN and official boards.

And now it's a source of solace. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/ohwell.gif

I've been glad to have so many people to live and die on the games with, as well as share information, thoughts, and opinions with. I think this is a truly unique and useful place and I'm glad to have found it. It is a lot better than posting places where the most insightful analysis is "we suck." lol
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

i don't post a lot, being italian and living in italy i have problems with the language, and problems with the fact i usually watch the games "the day after"so i m up when eveybody sleeps and vice versa.

but this site is my only connection with brewer fans, and i greatful that sometimes i can feel i m a part of the brewers world too.

you can imagine i can't talk about yost with my friends, or ask what's happening with turnbow slider to my girlfriend.

so when i finish to watch the game, first thing i do is going to this forum to check what the community is up.

thanks

I'm glad I stumbled on to this site about a year ago. This is a great site, and I come here at least 3-4 times a day. My wife laughs at me, but she laughs at me a lot in regard to the Brewers. She doesn't "get it" but she gets it. Anyway, thanks guys and keep it up! I have a feeling we'll have lots to talk about this winter

I'll throw my kudos in as well. I'm in no way a guy who spends any time online in "threads" and "forums" (unless my PC locks up and I need to find one with propeller heads to help me out!). But BF.net is so well run and there are so many intelligent conversations about the Brewers, it's hard not to spend tons of time on here. I've certainly had differences with a couple of moderators at times (I tend to get too emotional about the Brewers and I'm definitely sarcastic), but they do an excellent job keeping the content consistent, clean, focused and organized. Without those efforts (and I can only imagine how many hours they spend monitoring the site), it would absolutely devolve into a Cubs site or any other foul-mouthed, disorganized sports chat site.

Keep up the good work guys and I agree we're going to have lots to talk about in the off season! This is the only link I have to spring training, so there better be!!

I really haven't seen any other site like this for any other team - can't say i have checked them all though http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

It truely is addicting, entertaining, well-run, informative, late-breaking, and a go to place for anything Brewers and baseball in general. A great baseball site, and a great Brewer site. Thank you.

And thank you kalle for the European love, that is awesome.

This is a great site, and this thread I hope reminds us that we are lucky to have it. It also, I hope, reminds us that for all our gripes and disappointments, this has actually been a heck of a ride - one we maybe aren't too used to. I'm proud of these Brewers and I'm looking forward to seeing the damage they can do in 08.

This is an awesome site. When my dad told me about it five or so years ago and I checked it out I was in heaven (yes, I know not many 12 year olds are that interested in talking baseball, but I was). This truly makes the Brewers season even more fun to watch where I can discuss anything I want with fellow die-hard Brewers fans.

Here's to a great '08!

Well said, bigredrobbo,

I hope the brewerfan.net staff reads this...

I found this site after a layover in Denver on our way back from a week in Mazatlan (the baseball capitol of Mexico where we go two weeks a year). We were watching a Yankees game while eating supper with a couple 3rd Infantry soldiers on their way to Iraq and were bragging up the Brewers (and especially Prince) when Ben Sheets' first blister announcement hit the ESPN crawler. I said "Dangit! Did you see that? Sheets is out with a finger blister!" A guy sitting at the table next to me asked, "For how long?" It did not say. So he had been half-listening to me brag about the Crew (and I was wearing my Brewers cap anyway) and said he hoped it was long enough to bring up Gallardo from Nashville. "Who's he?" I asked and he proceeded to rattle off his stats off the top of his head right up to the day before. "Wow," I said, "how do you know so much about Nashville's pitching staff?" and he starts in on Manny Parra then tells me about brewerfan.net and the reknowned Power 50.

Not long after we arrived back home and settled back in, I hunted this site down and now I am hooked.

I am a former KC Royals employee (glory days of the late '70s and early '80s when Ewing Kaufmann owned the team). I worked every home game (security) and knew everybody in the front office, emmenities (concessions, stadium club, and catering), and in the clubhouse (and a lot of their family members) back then before moving here to the Milwaukee area 16 years ago. Since May of this year, I know more now about the Milwaukee Brewers than I have ever known about the KC Royals thanks almost entirely to this site, its forums, and where the good people here have referred me for more solid info.

Staff, you are appreciated. Through chat and email interaction, I feel like I am among friends with you and most of the posters here. If that is one of your many goals here, you continue to achieve it.

Between this site and XM radio's MLB channel, the winters don't seem nearly as long as they used to. Being able to talk baseball - Brewers baseball - with knowledgeable people has literally transformed the off seasons for me. I told Brian when I met him what an amazing site this is. So let me echo the others when I say thank you.
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Archived