Brewer Fanatic

Where was Mr. September?

DougJones43
 <font face="monospace" size="4"> [b]GEOFF JENKINS SEPTEMBER STATS[/b] [u]AVG[/u] [u]OBP[/u] [u]SLG[/u] [u]OPS[/u] <font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff0000">2007 .237 .303 .373 .676</font> 2006 .381 .480 .698 1.178 2005 .315 .388 .630 1.018 2004 .299 .348 .589 .937
</font>

<font face="sans-serif">
During his first September of meaningful games, Geoff Jenkins pulled a disappearing act.
His overall season numbers ended up being very disappointing as well, with a sub .800 OPS despite favorable matchups.</font>

Oh sorry, you were actually serious my mistake, yes I'm sure Jenkins had a poor september just because we were in a playoff race that obviously is the more sensible expalantion.

I didn't necessarily say that the playoff race was the reason he stunk. I just pointed out that he did, in fact, stink. We were in a playoff race, and Jenkins didn't hit worth a hill of beans. Considering how often people rave about his late-season hot streaks, we could have really used one this September. I certainly think our veteran leader's inability to help the Brewers during the pennant chase is a legitimate topic for discussion. If you want to believe it's random coincidence that he hit so poorly this year as opposed to other years, be my guest. That doesn't change the fact that it happened.

I will miss him only in the sense that he's the most tenured player (and a favorite of my son, who will take his leaving very hard). But lets face it, he has a fundamental flaw with his approach at the plate that leaves him susceptible to being streaky, if that foot plant isin't right, he couldn't hit a beach ball, and then he tries to "work through it" by swinging at everything, especially that low and inside pitch, which when he's off, he will swing at every time.

That said, I think there is plenty of blame to go around, not just Jenks. Kicking 5 balls around the infield in a game isn't how things get done either.

I will not miss Jenkins and his "post-enhancement" days. His skills are eroding quick, and his production against mostly righty pitching this year was poor. It was good to have him here as a constant when the team was so bad, but maybe the fact that he was one of the better offensive players on those teams explains why they were indeed so bad. Prince will break his HR record in 3-4 years, and all but the slight resemblence to B. Favre will be a distant memory. I am just curious as to how much $$ another team will give the guy.

P.S. I never liked the leg kick.

Oh sorry, you were actually serious my mistake, yes I'm sure Jenkins had a poor september just because we were in a playoff race that obviously is the more sensible expalantion.
I didn't necessarily say that the playoff race was the reason he stunk. I just pointed out that he did, in fact, stink. We were in a playoff race, and Jenkins didn't hit worth a hill of beans. Considering how often people rave about his late-season hot streaks, we could have really used one this September. I certainly think our veteran leader's inability to help the Brewers during the pennant chase is a legitimate topic for discussion. If you want to believe it's random coincidence that he hit so poorly this year as opposed to other years, be my guest. That doesn't change the fact that it happened.

Sorry I was responding to this comment..

he only does good when it dont matter. Gald to see him go to be honest with you

Archived