Brewer Fanatic

9/29/2007 Padres (Young) at GAME OVER: 2:55 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am disappointed that we are not in the play-offs. To make it worse, yesterday was my birthday. It was not the present I was looking for. Nevertheless it is nice to root for a winning team. Hopefully, we have now started a stretch of winning seasons. This may be the equivalent to the Packers' 1992 season. We can say we know how to win now. We may become a play-off mainstay.

Given the rip roaring length of this IGT, I wonder if I was the most excited Brewerfan poster at today's game. I am certain that I helped will the Brewers to the long awaited win #82, and I have the sore throat to prove it. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

The crowd (40,900+, the 30th sellout of the year and enough to break the single season attendance record) was subdued at the start of the game - but never ugly - and whenever I was in the concourses there seemed to be crowds around the TVs which showed the Badgers; but they stepped up when needed at the end.

The fan appreciation prize drawings started after the first half inning; even the big five prizes were awarded before the 9th inning. The Brewers appear to have squeezed all the excitement out of that promotion (unless you were one of the winners). There were no other giveaways, besides the team photo.

The brewers.com wrap of today's game describes Jason Lane's move to first in the 11th as a stumble, but from our seats it looked very much like an intentional dive. I was more than a little stressed when Prince was down, and the crowd saved its boos today for Lane as he returned to the dugout.

I think I'm just glad to have the losing-season monkey off the Brewers' back, and I'll still hope for 83 tomorrow - if for no other reason, so we don't have a losing score staring us in the face on the bf.net homepage for the next (sigh) six months.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The brewers.com wrap of today's game describes Jason Lane's move to first in the 11th as a stumble, but from our seats it looked very much like an intentional dive. I was more than a little stressed when Prince was down, and the crowd saved its boos today for Lane as he returned to the dugout.

Yeah that was definitely a dive. Bush was safe on the bunt double play by a good margin right before the Weeks homerun. But as I watched the replay of Lane sliding into first I couldn't help but laugh as Lane took a face dive right into the dirt, I made sure to play it in slow motion so I could squeeze out that extra bit of laughter.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif

Congrats to Vinny on his game winning hit, and TGJ for tying the game with his dad in attendance.

As far as Prince, after the game he said he was "fine," so take that for what it is worth.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived