Brewer Fanatic

9/29/2007 Padres (Young) at GAME OVER: 2:55 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeks = Good.

I can't wait to see what a healthy Weeks can do in a full season next year.

For the Weeks doubters, he pulled off a .375 OBP this season and is ending up pretty close to being the 2nd 20/20 guy on the team in a struggling, injury plagued season where he spent some time in AAA.

There's no question he's a huge part of our future.

Anybody see the DP right before Weeks's home run? Uecker mentioned that it was a close play. Would have been nice to get two on that one.

Especially since Bush gave the run right back.

I rewound it, paused it and Bush was safe. No question about it, his foot was on the base while the ball was about a foot away from Gonzalez' glove.

Any chance at all that Counsell retires after this season?

Here's an interesting note about today's game...so far (bottom of the 8th), the only two Brewers hits have come from Weeks (hitting .235 for the year) and Jenkins (hitting .257).

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I can't say I'd be disappointed to see Craig go, but if he does decide to call it quits, the Brewers would be losing one of their few quality defensive gloves.

Braun K's with the tying run on 2nd...bummer. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif Hopefully he can cut the K's down next year...that's been one of my few gripes with him this year. If he could learn to foul off those pitches instead of whiffing on them completely, he'd be an even more dangerous hitter.

Twitter

I'm sorry, but I just don't take Mark Attanasio's vote of confidence in Ned Yost seriously. You're meaning to tell me after the collapse, and then not even finishing with a winning record is a good season because they were playing meaningful baseball games in September ONLY because of a terrible division?

I'm sorry, but I just don't take Mark Attanasio's vote of confidence in Ned Yost seriously. You're meaning to tell me after the collapse, and then not even finishing with a winning record is a good season because they were playing meaningful baseball games in September ONLY because of a terrible division?

What do you mean? I've ever see someone renege on a vote of confidence.

Mike Rivera stinks. I would've rather had someone pinch hit there, but oh well. Get them in extras.

Who would you have hit over Rivera. Miller, Rottino? To me, they're pretty much all the same guy. Who else was available?

True, most of the viable pinch hit options were already used. It just stunk seeing Mike Rivera stepping into a situation like that.

Edit: CoCo pitching with dollar signs in his eyes. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif Nice job on the 1-2-3 inning, Coco. Now let's win this stupid game.

Twitter

Archived