Brewer Fanatic

Mark A. gets some cool points

bjkrautk

Fans attending the Milwaukee Brewers' game Thursday night against the San Diego Padres got a little gift from owner Mark Attanasio: a voucher good for $10 worth of food and beverages at a 2008 regular-season game.

The gesture marked the third season in a row that Attanasio has given something back to the fans. Last year, fans who attended the home-season finale were given a free game ticket to one of four April 2007 games. The season before, all fans were admitted free to the game on Sept. 29, 2005.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

It's going to be a tough off-season for this team, with major decisions coming immediately (Cordero, Linebrink & the bullpen, Jenkins) and others on the horizon (Sheets' contract, Capuano, and the rest of the starting rotation). That being said, a little good PR never hurt anyone.

(It is a bit ironic that these vouchers were given out two days in advance of 'Fan Appreciation Night,' though.)

Yes, I was at the game last night, and both my wife and I got one of these certificates. It was a nice surprise, coupled with a team representative at the doors (I have no idea who, but it wasn't one of the regular ushers/service people) thanking us for our support. A nice gesture from the Brewers.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Mark A has a deal with the vendor I'm sure so he only has to pay cost or something like that. $10 of concession food is what, $1.50 cost?

Terrific PR move, but allow me to say Mark is a genius. His moves are very nice and friendly, yet end up costing nearly nothing. Seats to games that would have sat empty? Pop with a ridiculous markup? Brilliant.

I think it is cool, but a step back. The first year was free tickets to the game on his birthday. Last year was a voucher for a free game that would have been almost empty. Now a $10 voucher for concessions. Still pretty cool, but I think at this rate next year will be a $5 coupon for a an April middle of the week game.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I don't know if this was mentioned in today's IGT, but it deserves to be here none the less, they showed during the game tonight that they were handing out these cards again. I'm going to guess they'll be doing it all weekend. Which bodes well for me since I'm going two more times. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

And, Attanasio was even personally handing some out and shaking hands.

I declined to take the awesome washcloth at the door. I can't believe they didn't slap some corny "We Belive" statement or a Brewer logo on that thing somewhere.

I wonder how many of those neat washclothes wound up being used in place of toilet paper after it was clear they were going to lose?

Mark A has a deal with the vendor I'm sure so he only has to pay cost or something like that. $10 of concession food is what, $1.50 cost?

Terrific PR move, but allow me to say Mark is a genius. His moves are very nice and friendly, yet end up costing nearly nothing. Seats to games that would have sat empty? Pop with a ridiculous markup? Brilliant.

I don't know about that, it seems like they do the opposite most of the time. Why have all these 1982 WS loser bobblehead give-aways on Friday nights, for example?

It seems like more of the promotions are Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays rather than on the less desirable nights/days. It seems to me it would make more sense to have almost all the promotions on Mon-Thurs and maybe also Packer Sundays.

Archived