Brewer Fanatic

9/28/2007 Padres (Maddux) at Brewers (Capuano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IT'S OVER. Thank god. Wish we didn't have to play the last two. What a FAILURE of a season. Can't see it ending much different with Yost in control next year again. Sucks to be a Brewer fan. Atleast we got the Packers.

Congrats to the Cubs on backing your way into the playoffs and on buying a Central Division Championship. Enjoy your very short stay in the post season Cubs fans.

In all fairness, had we made the playoffs we wouldn't have been much more deserving than the Cubs. Hats off to them, they were the best mediocre team in the NL Central.

This thread is depressing. Tonight is depressing. I can't even flip through the channels without coming across a news station celebrating the Cubs.

Oh well, hopefully they can still win one of the next two games (preferably Sunday when I'm there) and I will at least have witnessed the first winning season in my lifetime (well, techinically, I only a year old the last one).

Hopefully this offseason is sort of exciting.

I just got back from the game tonight, and I had a few thoughts.

This game didn't have the largest crowd I've seen, but it was definitely the most energetic. It felt like a playoff game even outside the stadium.

It was also a really neat feeling to see all those towels waving. I don't know, it just felt awesome.

The only player who looked on at all was Hart. Fielder didn't look so hot at the plate. Vargas gave up some really well hit balls in his first inning of work, I was really upset he was in the game at all. Hall looked absolutely awful batting in the ninth.

I think I saw and met more drunk people at this game than any other I've been to.

It was really disheartening when Weeks struck out to end the game. I tossed my white towel/flag in the air and just sat down for a second. I honestly thought three days ago that I might just see my first Brewers' playoff game this season. You could feel that in the stadium. On the way out, everyone just seemed really quiet and subdued.

I honestly can't believe how ecstatic Cubs fans are tonight that they may essentially "back" into the playoffs. Hey, if you can take pride in that, knock yourselves out. I suppose when you've failed so miserable for so many years like the Cubs have, the fans take whatever they can get. Oh well, Arizona will make quick work of them in the playoffs.

Yes, cause winning 11 of 17 (albeit a minor three a game losing streak) means, the Cubs have "back into the playoffs. That's the record, since playing the Astros (11-13 of Sept.). And a remainder....the Cards went 8-10 from September 11 to the end of the yr.

So, I could see how you can say the Cubs...."back into the playoffs. Oh wait....can you explain definition of "backing in the playoffs?"

And Arizona will be exposed as the frauds they are. If the D'back do beat the Cubs, it won't be "quick." My quess is...with the way the Cubs bats--albeit the Marlins series---have been going in September, it will be Arizona making the quick exit.

Aquino is warming up in the bullpen.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif

Sure, I'd take it, but I wouldn't be partying like it's the greatest thing to ever happen to my baseball team. I prefer to earn my way in. That tends to legitimize it more, you know?? No worries, the Cubs stay in the playoffs will be short. I hope their fans enjoy it.
I don't know how you can say they'll be knocked out right away. Who thought the Cardinals would make it past the first round last year? Not many and they went on to win the whole thing. All you have to do is get in.

The difference?? The Cardinals had talent last year and didn't play to that talent level in the regular season. They did in the post season though. The Cubs don't have nearly that much talent and played above their talent level in the regular season. They won't play to that level in the playoffs. IOW, the cream rises to the top in the post season.

Please. the Cards 06 talent fails inc omparasion to the Cubs 07 talent, by far. And you say the Cubs "played above their talent level int he regular season", apparently you didn't follow the Cubs. Had the Cubs played to their "talent level", this race would have been over about 2-3 weeks ago. If anything the Cubs "talent" has played below their talent level this yr. But guess what....in September, the Cubs talent have played to their talent level, and the Cubs are going to be a team---that despite their record---will be a formiable opponent in the playoffs. And it wouldn't shocked me....if the Cubs make the World Series (remember the last 3 NL represntatives have come from the Central).

Disappointing way to end a great season. One of the biggest disappointments in my mind was the veterans of the club failing to do anything down the stretch. Counsell had a huge opportunity last night. Jenkins was pretty much non-existent. Hall had that big hit against the Braves and a home run to pad a 3 run lead; that's where it ends. Sheets didn't even get a chance by injuring himself again. Miller not really good with the bat obviously, but could've done something to spark a rally at some point. Linebrink gives up that 2-run homer last night, but did pitch pretty decently otherwise. But look at the bright side, at least we're not Mets fans.

Oh, and for any Cubbies fans migrating over here to read this forum....you guys got the division this season, but we'll take the next 5 or so. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Archived