Brewer Fanatic

9/28/2007 Padres (Maddux) at Brewers (Capuano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
It's official: The Linebrink trade was a complete traveshamockery. What a waste.

There's always next year...

DM knows how to build a good team on the cheap... not sure if he can take it to the next level. I sure hope he can.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has to be the most disappointing season I have experienced in a long time. Go from leading the division for a 130+ days, being up at most 8 games, to losing the division in the matter of months. The Brewers have no one to blame but themselves, they just couldn't get it done when it mattered. Can you blame it on youth? Coaching? Front office moves? I'm not sure, but to me it seems like a culmination of them all. Uggh, time to turn to football season and get this terrible taste out of my mouth.

Aquino is warming up in the bullpen.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif

Sure, I'd take it, but I wouldn't be partying like it's the greatest thing to ever happen to my baseball team. I prefer to earn my way in. That tends to legitimize it more, you know?? No worries, the Cubs stay in the playoffs will be short. I hope their fans enjoy it.
I don't know how you can say they'll be knocked out right away. Who thought the Cardinals would make it past the first round last year? Not many and they went on to win the whole thing. All you have to do is get in.

The difference?? The Cardinals had talent last year and didn't play to that talent level in the regular season. They did in the post season though. The Cubs don't have nearly that much talent and played above their talent level in the regular season. They won't play to that level in the playoffs. IOW, the cream rises to the top in the post season.

Did you even look at their roster? Jeff Suppan was their second best pitcher, they had Jeff Weaver and Jason Marquis on that team the Cubs this year are a better team than the Cardinals last year.

There are so many things you can look at in a season like this, but I look at three series in August that did them in. Swept in Colorado, swept at Home by STL and swept in SF. If they go 1-3 in those series, they would've had a 1 game lead going into tonight.

I'll make it even simpler: two blown games against Chicago. Four game swing. Oh, well. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/nerd.gif

Would this season be any better if we lost it to PIT or CIN? It would for me. I HATE CHI. It hurts even more to blow it to them

What I hate is that the Brewers have to work really hard to build a good team through the draft and minor league development. Chicago has finally figured out that it can become the Yankees of the NL and buy a team.

Archived