Brewer Fanatic

9/28/2007 Padres (Maddux) at Brewers (Capuano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan Braun...I absolutely love the kid but he has been perhaps, the most unclutch Brewer of them all this year. That is saying something.

Braun with RISP: .331 average

RISP, 2 out: .306 average

He's actually been really, really clutch this year.

That depends. I would really like to see how many of those RBI W/RISP had a MAJOR effect on the game. IOW, did a lot of those come w/ the Brewers already being up 3 or 4 runs?? Down 3 or 4 runs?? Did they have a big bearing on the game?? That makes a HUGE difference to me. It sure seems like whenever the Brewers have REALLY, REALLY needed a clutch hit late in a game, or in a big momentum swinging spot(see tonight), he has failed.

I honestly can't believe how ecstatic Cubs fans are tonight that they may essentially "back" into the playoffs. Hey, if you can take pride in that, knock yourselves out. I suppose when you've failed so miserable for so many years like the Cubs have, the fans take whatever they can get. Oh well, Arizona will make quick work of them in the playoffs.

I honestly can't believe how ecstatic Cubs fans are tonight that they may essentially "back" into the playoffs. Hey, if you can take pride in that, knock yourselves out. I suppose when you've failed so miserable for so many years like the Cubs have, the fans take whatever they can get. Oh well, Arizona will make quick work of them in the playoffs.

Well, what's it say about us that they beat us for the division title?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

So what? Are you telling me if the same happened to the Brewers you wouldn't be ecstatic?

Well, what's it say about us that they beat us for the division title?

The whole stinkin division

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

So what? Are you telling me if the same happened to the Brewers you wouldn't be ecstatic?

No kidding, we're the ones with the pee-your-pants web site

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Sure, I'd take it, but I wouldn't be partying like it's the greatest thing to ever happen to my baseball team. I prefer to earn my way in. That tends to legitimize it more, you know?? No worries, the Cubs stay in the playoffs will be short. I hope their fans enjoy it.

According to THT's Clutch statistic:

Mench, Kevin: 5.4

Genkins, Jeff: 2.6

Braun, Ryan: 1.4

edit: Actually, this isn't the one I was looking for... I was looking for the FanGraphs stat, which is defined as http://www.fangraphs.com/perlex/mimetex.exe?Clutchiness%3D%5C%2CWPA%5C%2C-%5C%2C%28OPS%5C%2CWins%5C%2C%2A%5C%2CpLI%29

For this stat Braun is -1.69, with Hardy and Hall leading the Brewers with 0.75 and 0.63 respectively.

Aquino is warming up in the bullpen.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif

Sure, I'd take it, but I wouldn't be partying like it's the greatest thing to ever happen to my baseball team. I prefer to earn my way in. That tends to legitimize it more, you know?? No worries, the Cubs stay in the playoffs will be short. I hope their fans enjoy it.
I don't know how you can say they'll be knocked out right away. Who thought the Cardinals would make it past the first round last year? Not many and they went on to win the whole thing. All you have to do is get in.

Aquino is warming up in the bullpen.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif

I don't know how you can say they'll be knocked out right away. Who thought the Cardinals would make it past the first round last year? Not many and they went on to win the whole thing. All you have to do is get in.

The difference?? The Cardinals had talent last year and didn't play to that talent level in the regular season. They did in the post season though. The Cubs don't have nearly that much talent and played above their talent level in the regular season. They won't play to that level in the playoffs. IOW, the cream rises to the top in the post season.

The difference?? The Cardinals had talent last year and didn't play to that talent level in the regular season. They did in the post season though. The Cubs don't have nearly that much talent and played above their talent level in the regular season. They won't play to that level in the playoffs. IOW, the cream rises to the top in the post season.

I don't think you're giving the Cubs roster enough credit. They have more talent than both SD and Arizona.

And I know that the Cubs haven't won the WS in a billion years, but I can't stand their fans crying about how great this is because they haven't won anything for so long. 2003, thanks.

It sure seems like whenever the Brewers have REALLY, REALLY needed a clutch hit late in a game, or in a big momentum swinging spot(see tonight), he has failed.

Braun, RISP close score and late in the game: .297 average.

Again, Braun has been plenty clutch this year.

Archived