Brewer Fanatic

9/28/2007 Padres (Maddux) at Brewers (Capuano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Between leaving Cordero to rot in the bullpen last week, using Chris Spurling in the eighth inning of a one-run game in Atlanta, and going to Vargas with the season literally on the line tonight, I guess we've seen the best of Ned managing every game like it's the last. Perhaps we're better off not making the playoffs, where Capuano would surely have started Game One because it would have kept him on normal rest.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Between leaving Cordero to rot in the bullpen last week, using Chris Spurling in the eighth inning of a one-run game in Atlanta, and going to Vargas with the season literally on the line tonight, I guess we've seen the best of Ned managing every game like it's the last. Perhaps we're better off not making the playoffs, where Capuano would surely have started Game One because it would have kept him on normal rest.

In his defense, Spurling had been pitching very well.

Archived