Brewer Fanatic

9/28/2007 Padres (Maddux) at Brewers (Capuano): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is try #3 for win #82. Unbelievable that we have 250% more opportunities to get #82 than we did in 2005 (2 tries in '05 vs 5 tries this time around) and we still may not get it, the way we looked last night.

COME ON BREWERS! GET THE FIRST ONE OUT OF THE WAY!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Nice to see Jenkins and Hall in the lineup again. Looks like 2 automatic outs to me. grrrr.... But this is the stretch drive and they are being given an opportunity to CONTRIBUTE. Did you hear that Geoff and Billy?? Please close up that hole you are creating in the 6 & 7 spot of the lineup.

Good grief tonight is a MUST WIN. (and go Reds)

This is crazy. Talk about a bias. BBTN is on before the Brewer game. We have Dusty Baker (former manager), Sutcliffe (former Cub), and Hershiser (neutrally rooting for Cubs) all doing Baseball Tonight. Wow.

Maybe they could have Vina and EY show up just to make it look decent. Ick.

Yeah...thanks to Dunn who waits until just before the series to have surgery. No Griffey, no Dunn. The Reds have no offense.

We weren't complaining when we were facing an equally horrid Cardinals offense. The Brewers didn't take care of business, and it looks like they missed their chance..there's not much use in crying about how the Reds are sending out the Louisville Bats when we couldn't sweep the Memphis Redbirds.

Just finish the year strong, guys, so we won't be miserable all winter. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Not real happy with the lineup. Hall can't seem to wait on a pitch and he has to face Maddux. We all know Gross may be the most patient hitter on the roster. This is a perfect time to play him.

IIRC, Jenks has a good history against Maddux. Maybe he can deliver tonight.

The whole team needs a new approach tonight. They have to go the other way or they may get shut out. Enough of everybody trying to yank the ball out of the park!

Further proof that Ned just doesn't understand when it is okay to tinker with the lineup, and when it isn't.

Hall has no business hitting against Maddux with how he's been the last week. I'm not a big Gabe Gross fan, but at least the previous poster has a point about him taking pitches and working the count.

Oh, well. Three more games and hopefully the gaping hole we have in the dugout will be filled.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived