Brewer Fanatic

Since when, Ned?

davego

Asked why Turnbow was summoned with a runner on instead of the bases clean and then allowed to walk consecutive hitters that forced in a run, Yost said, "Any time you get a runner on first and two outs in the eighth inning, you should go ahead and just close it out."

Interesting...

Yes Ned, it's true, you should just close it out. But I think everyone in Wisconsin new that once those bases were loaded there was over 100% chance that Turnbow was going to give up a run. He turned into Rick Vaughn pre-glasses for that next batter.

If you have to bring Turnbow in in that situation, then you have to get someone warming up right away, too. I know it is a sign of lack of confidence, but I think it is pretty obvious that Turnbow is suffering form a lack of confidence already and it is absolutely necessary.

I agree he should have been able to close it out with a runner on first and two outs. But once the bases were loaded, you HAD to bring someone else in. That was just stupid letting him continue in that situation (as evidenced by him not coming closer to the plate than 6-12 inches in any direction). I could have come closer to retiring Stinnett than he did!

By the way, Turnbow hasn't been released yet today, has he?

Archived