Brewer Fanatic

Jordan Zimmerman...Washington Nationals

PlayerHader

Help here please. He went to high school in Auburndale. I played against him. 0-1 K. He spent 3 years at UWSP and was drafted by the Nationals in the 2nd round. Now he was just rated as the #5 prospect in the New York-Penn league after putting up very impressive numbers.

Anyone with insider access willing to give a little capsule of what they say about him in their league recaps? Pretty please?

I don't mind copying and pasting the info for one of the 20 scouting reports from one of the many leagues, especially since it doesn't even pertain to a Brewers prospect. If one of the other mods disagrees with this, they are welcome to delete this content. So, here you go:

Zimmermann burst onto the prospect landscape during the summer of 2006, when he led the wood-bat Northwoods League in ERA (1.01) and was named the top prospect in that strong summer collegiate circuit. He pitched through a broken jaw and pulled wisdom teeth this spring and continued to dominate Division III competition, but he truly peaked this summer against far better hitters in the NY-P.

Zimmermann's heavy, sinking fastball sits at 91-93 mph range and touches 94, and its life makes it a true plus pitch. He attacks the strike zone with his fastball, his hard slider with late bite and his decent changeup. He's also working on a 12-to-6 curveball because the Nationals don't like their young pitchers to throw sliders.

Zimmermann has strong legs and good mechanics, and he should only get better the more he pitches in warmer weather.

"I think he's a sure-fire big leaguer," Oneonta manager Andy Barkett said. "He comes right at you with a very lively fastball, good slider and good changeup. He has a great arm action, and he has a powerful presence on the mound."

Archived