Brewer Fanatic

Softball Bat Question

Houlie24x

I bought a Worth PST WS137 in mid June. It came with a 2 year warranty and I still have everything that came with it like the receipt, warranty information, and a registration card. The problem is that some time in August someone on my team put a dent in the part just below the barrel. Shortly after the bat just went dead. It is like swinging a wood bat. The bat is actually probably illegal in one of the leagues I am in too.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience sending in bats under warranty.

Are they strict with covering the warranty? Is this going to be a big hassle?

Do I have to send in this registration card before I make a claim about the dent or do I do it at the same time?

Where do I get a box to mail it in?

Anything else I should know?

I spent $300 on this bat and got 2 months out of it. I just don't want to void my warranty by doing something wrong. They seem pretty strict on the sheet that describes the warranty. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I'd suggest asking Worth, and getting everything they advise in writing. That way, if/when they try to screw you, you have proof. Sorry I can't be more help than that, I know jwill535 has some experience with softball bats.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Worth sucks with returns, but as long as you have a proof of purchase that matches up with the serial number on the bat then you are fine. You might get lucky and get a Mutant which is their current line because I know they don't make PST's anymore. The post office sells tubes in their lobby, otherwise if u can wait a while, go to USPS.com and order 10 free boxes that are triangular and send it in one of those. Also, if you do use a tube, make sure you tape the crap out of both ends. I take it as all you do is tape the receipt to the barrel and you're set. I believe you have to call first so they know they're expecting your bat as well as to find out what your getting. But on softballfans' message board, Worth returns dept. is hated as they tend not no answer for weeks.

I must say, I'm gonna be sad to see the blue PST go. Even if it was illegal, it was a masher.

They are ususally pretty good about it. Go to the website and there should be a warranty claim section and it should tell you everything you need to know about sending the bat back. I will tell you two things not to mention, one that you used it on a night lower then 60-60 degrees as most to all softball bats become weaker in cold weather and it states that on the bat which may void the warranty and two that someone on your team other then you used it. Again they are made for only one person to use and not team use, again it states this in the warranty and if they know that it may void it out. To summerize they 75-80% take bats back the first time, if you keep sending bats back they may start to become leary of you.

I would suggest to use a triangle box if you can find one. The round ones have a tendency to show up empty on the other end. Like a previous post said, tape the heck out of both ends, and I would also suggest insuring it. Too many bats don't reach their destinations.

Totally off-topic, but ollie I can't keep letting this go unsaid (by me).? Every time I see your name on the forum, I can't get away from Ollie Williams, Family Guy's local news reporter - and I love it.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1069/ollie3jn.jpg

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived