Brewer Fanatic

9/27/2007 Padres (Cassel) at Brewers (Gallardo): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can't be surprised by this. We knew we were facing the #1 pitching team. Still, it's disappointing. I wanted to see more fight from the team.

Edit: not literally fighting http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

The past games have been a microcosm of exactly why this team is where it is, instead of being safely in teh playoffs.

Against teams from their own division, they do just fine. But against better teams from outside the division, they struggle.

They score runs with big blasts, but can't get the little things done often enough to get small runs when they need them.

They don't hold leads very well.

They don't catch the ball very well.

They don't make good strategic decisions in crucial situations.

A flawed team in a poor division. They are so close, yet so far. If this year's Brewers make the playoffs, it will kind of be like the sitiuation by which the Packers almost did last year. Yeah, they'd be in. But nobody really beleived that they were a 'playoff' team in the sense that they were a complete, competitve team that was capable of beating anyone on a given day.

This Brewers team is young, and I'm hoping they are learning some important lessons down the stretch that they can put to use next season. But it makes me sad that they aren't learning them in a positive way. It's still not over, but I'm past the stage of believing. It'll take a burning bush or a voice from above to get the belief back.

Archived