Brewer Fanatic

Yost and McClung suspensions (Merged: I now feel a little better about McClung beaning Pujols)

endaround
i was at the game sitting in the front row and i heard the ump give both teams and the cards pitcher a warning after fielder got hit. a few innings later hall gets hit, then in prince's next at bat he get one high and tight. nothing was said, not even a long look by the ump, so once again we are not getting calls our way, no surprise. and we had the bases loaded twice and came up empty, so if we cant score runs and we losing bring in a nobody and hit their star player for hitting our star. and neither of them will get suspended, mlb has their hands full with more important issues regarding umps.

Good point Matt, perhaps with all of Yost's recent ejections and comments on umpires they are all very against Yost and the Brewers? Is that possible?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On topic, I could definitely see Ned getting a 1 game suspension, but I'd consider the Pujols HBP to be more of a capper on that decision.

Slightly off-topic, I'm more glad than anything that we didn't end up with a 4-game series against the Cards and a 3-gamer against the Pads. If there was another game tonight, I'd give it about 50-50 of a serious brawl, which no one needs right now.

all seats at Miller Park should be outfitted with those Trivia Game Controller Thingamabobs like they got at Damons... all in-game decisions can be made by a simple democratic majority*

good thing tonight's game will be easy to manage**, as Dale*** did look like he was continuously pooping his pants last night.

* this might be a way to fill more seats at D'Rays games

** Yo Power!

*** hint: KoKo is fresh

yost was the only manager to have the (for lack of a better word) guts to still do it after the warning. and im sure it dosent help that yost is getting ejected almost on a daily basis. but didnt all the calls start to go against us around the time that prince "pushed" the ump? and with 4 games give it all you have. if it means getting yourself tossed, so be it. and sveum will have on a diaper tonight.

To be fair Ned had a right to go out the first 2 times. Those were bad calls. The first time there were 2 bad calls that cost us the game. The second time we were way up, but if you let the umpires get away with making bad calls in games that are out of reach, what happens when you are in a close game and they screw up. If the umpires are wrong, you have to acll them on it.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I guess by revoking the suspension, MLB has just re-opened the debate whether the Pujols beaning was intentional. I was convinced that it was.

With the suspension revoked for McClung, it makes you wonder whether Ned's suspension was justified as well.

I guess by revoking the suspension, MLB has just re-opened the debate whether the Pujols beaning was intentional. I was convinced that it was.

With the suspension revoked for McClung, it makes you wonder whether Ned's suspension was justified as well.

I heard Melvin talking to Homer on 1510 a little while ago. He said McClung had a video conference and presented his case well - that being that he wasn't trying to hit Pujols. Melvin also said there's no appeal process for managers b/c they aren't represented by a union and that Yost's one game suspension was automatic since a warning had been issued and the ump felt the hitting of Pujols was intentional and had thrown out McClung and Yost during the game.

Does that mean it wasn't a LaRussa genuis move causeing the not-as-intelligent Yost to screw up the Brewers chances simply for hot headed revenge? Now we can all go back to asking why he put McClung in there to begin with.

Either that or somehow baseball figured out the culprit here was LaRussa and his vigilante ways and decided the best punishment was none.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

There's no question Ned ordered the beaning, and I thought Ned deserved the harsher penalty. Anyone in McClung's position is going to do what his manager asks - Ned deserved the brunt of the discipline.

Actually there is a question about that. If there wasn't any the suspension would have been upheld. BTW didn't Ozzie Guillen get all over a pitcher last season for not hitting a guy when he was ordered to? So there must be at least some pitchers who don't follow a manager's orders in those situations. If Ned deserved a harsher penalty shouldn't LaRussa, the guy who started all of it, the one who ordered his pitcher to bean Prince, deserve more than Ned? Yet he got nothing.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived