Brewer Fanatic

Why are our fans such bums?

Warriors76

See, this is not just nine run games though. This happens at every game. People leave when Cordero comes on in a save situation.

You need to relax, I'm not saying you have to stay the whole game, I just wish people would. It's not like I have authority over what someone does with a ticket they bought, I'm just saying, it didn't happen at Wrigley - and that was also a Tuesday night. It shouldn't happen. It looks stupid and it is stupid.

I admire your passion and loyalty to the team.

And I dislike your thought that everyone has to behave exactly as you or else they're labeled as bums. People will do what they do, and they don't need you to be a cheerleader, or a critic of their fandom.

How can you come back from one of the years most exciting games.. a game where there were multipule standing ovations for curtain calls and say Brewers fans are bums?

The Brewers played the Cards on a Tuesday night last year at just about this time and there were 15,204 fans there..

I don't know how long you have been going to Brewer's games but coming from someone who went to tons of games in the mid 90's , when the AVERAGE attendence of home each game was simular to what was left in the later innings of last night.... the fan support is amazing this year.

Just because they are a Cardinal fan doesn't mean they drove from St. Louis, there are plenty of Cardinal fans living in the area. I appreciate the effort of going and filling up the stadium on a weeknight. I too had to drive home and get up for work. I wonder how the players feel about seeing the fans walk out in the 7th during the pennant race at seasons end. I guess there are two camps on this issue that will disagree. I won't call the Brewer fans bums I am just disappointed at how many walked out early in a great game to watch at this point of the season.

"And I dislike your thought that everyone has to behave exactly as you or else they're labeled as bums. People will do what they do, and they don't need you to be a cheerleader, or a critic of their fandom."

And I don't like how you put words into my mouth. With all the Nazi practices around here I would think that is against one of the 10,000 rules. Go jump of a bridge.

Alright Warriors76, I'll write this one with a cool head. . .

Didn't you refer to these fans as "bums" in the title of this thread?

I honestly think that is the only word of yours that I used. The rest were my words. And I stand behind the thought that people are free to do whatever they want at the game, including sitting on their hands or leaving early without being called bums.

Well if you want to pay the Brewers for a ticket so you can sit in silence and then leave in the 7th inning be my guest ... makes a lot of more sense to me to just watch from home and go to bed in the 7th.

If you have work or school the next day and you really want some sleep, or you want to beat traffic, just skip the game altogether if you're not going to make any noise or stay until it's over. That way you completely beat all lines and traffic, get all your precious sleep and show up to work on time!

Archived