Brewer Fanatic

Cubs Vs. Marlins (Potential Make up game?)

Klements Bratwurst

Yeah 162 games that's what I meant! I apparently am dumb. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I didn't know that, guess you learn something new every day, I figured the venues would want all the games played to make money. Well lets hope that we do indeed need the make up games! GO CREW!

I figured the venues would want all the games played to make money.

The Marlins have 375 fans. They don't make any money.

As for Florida not caring, they haven't played a game that really mattered in a month. I bet they would really get up for a spoiler game.

In the last week of September last season, IIRC, there was a Phillies-Nationals game that didn't start till after midnight. The Phillies were the WC leaders at the time and MLB deemed it necessary that those two teams played, no matter how late the game started. I'll bet that they're just going to wait out the rain.

The depressing thing is that even if the games are played in Miami (as they should be, IMO), the Cubs fans will outnumber the Marlins fans. Last night's crowd was overwhelmingly in favor of the visitors, from what I could tell by watching the game on WCIU here in Chicago.

The depressing thing is that even if the games are played in Miami (as they should be, IMO), the Cubs fans will outnumber the Marlins fans. Last night's crowd was overwhelmingly in favor of the visitors, from what I could tell by watching the game on WCIU here in Chicago.

But they still lost! Playing down there is still better than letting them move a make-up game to Wrigley! Which I just don't believe they would do unless there was absolutely no other option available.

yeah, but that was early September(between non-contenders, IIRC), not the final week of the pennant race. There would be some serious beefs to be had if they moved a game with serious playoff implications to Wrigley.

Actually the Cubs and Marlins were in the thick of the wild card race. The Cubs were 2 1/2 games ahead of the Marlins in the wild card standings. The Astros and Giants were two games ahead of the Cubs.

Archived