Brewer Fanatic

We should make a pitch for Santana

The problem threads that arent even worth your time replying to is that people who make them never know that, they just assume I didnt see it, so here I am. This is a terrible idea. Santana is awesome, the best pitcher in the game, but giving up Braun for him is stupid in the long run (i.e. after 2008).

If u want Santana it might be pitchers like Capuano Jackson and CF Gywnn as a deal but no way is Braun going anywhere right now. Not sure what Angels have in the minors that would come back with Santana but im sure they have something Melvin would not mind taking..

Apparently the hot rumor now is Clayton Kershaw and Matt Kemp from the Dodgers for J. Santana. (Not Julio, of course.)

Fascinating. Dunno if there's an extension for Santana as part of that deal...but that's some nice swag for the Twins, way better than two draft choices.

Kemp just turned 23, has an OPS+ around 120, and looks like a potential stud, but he's been the center of some slagging by Dodgers vets most notably including Jeff Kent, and there are recent suggestions that he might be dealt this offseason. Kershaw is a 19 year old lefty who is one of the best pitching prospects around.

Coletti of course comes from the Sabean regime in SF, and it's been surprising to see him go with the young players in LA this year. But the youngsters have outplayed the vets, and the local paper has lately stirred up a lot of, um, controversy surrounding the tensions between young and old players in the clubhouse.

• 2 weeks later...
I say we give up Braun, ????, cash, and some minor leaguers?

They wouldnt take it though

They wouldn't take it? Wait what? Uh...sure they would. They'd absolutely take it. When they offer him to LaD for Kemp and Billingsley, I'm sure they'd take Braun, "some" minor leaguers and cash.

The problem is, this would be a AWFUL idea. I mean, as much as I'd like to pay him 18 million a year for us, you lose too much..Braun, Sheets(money), and then another 8 million in payroll.

Archived