Brewer Fanatic

9/26/2007 Cardinals (Thompson) at Brewers (Villanueva): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was my feeling MNBrew. We are talking about one baserunner. I don't care what Turnbow's history tells me. I don't think Mark A. is paying him millions of dollars to pick and choose what times he feels like pitching well. "Oh, a runner on base, I think I'll suck now?"

Bad bad bad bad loss.

Seems like everytime I get my hopes up this happens.

By the way, this is why I should never be a manager. I was happy to see McClung come in just for htting Pujols and I was happy when it happened...When I think about it...monster inning regardless...it's a really really stupid idea.

And seriously...what are you saving CoCo for anymore. That was the key situation of the game. He needs to come in.

Can we PLEASE stop debating whether Yost ordered the HBP on Pujols? That's like debating whether Bonds did steroids. It's completely obvious that he did, but some people still choose to believe otherwise.

Let's think about this a little bit. McClung brought in in the 8th inning, score 3-2. Turnbow is warming.

Pujols is up. Drilled on the first pitch. Obviously THAT was intentional.

So if you don't think Yost ordered it, than you're saying that McClung, who has a very limited role on the team and has been with the team for all of 2 months, took it upon himself, in the 8th inning of a 3-2 game with his team's playoff life at stake, to fire one off at Pujols and put him on base for free.

Think about that one a little bit. We're all smart people here.

Well, I'm home. Hats off to Tony LaRussa who, with an inferior roster and patched up pitching, outmanaged Ned Yost from the get go. Plunking Fielder was masterful. It put the onus on Ned to retaliate and Ned could not resist the temptation even with a slumping lineup and trailing by a run. That started the mudslide. And we would be in extra innings right now were it not for Ned allowing Tony into his head. Well done Tony. Our manager is not fit to carry your jock strap.

Tonight would have been a nice one to grab. The Cubs lost again, it's not the end of the world, but close. I don't imagine the Cubs will lose out, but 2-2 is more than possible. Going 4-0 against the Padres is going to be the tough part...but stranger things have happened.

Well put Pujols...."The error that the manager made cost them the game, so I was really happy that happened. They lost that game because of a mistake he made. I can't believe he hit me right there and cost them 4 runs so i'm glad my teammates took advantage of it"

McClung's been pitching better lately and had done much to elevate his status to "trustworthy reliever." Bringing him in then was not an illogical move.

At the same time, who's to say he's not beyond hitting Pujols on his own? Or trying to "man up" after the HBP? Cripes, the guy was walking a high number of AAA batters most of the season in the Tampa system. Heck, had they brought Turnbow in right away, who's to say he wouldn't have hit Pujols, either? Look at where his pitches went to banjo-hitting Stinnett!

Fact is, few if any Brewers relievers right now tending toward being a sure thing. Cordero might be the closest of any regular reliever (not counting the Stetters of the world), and we know he's mortal lately, too.

Archived