Brewer Fanatic

9/26/2007 Cardinals (Thompson) at Brewers (Villanueva): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Yeah this is not the managers fault at all. Our pitchers are not throwing strikes and making the pitches. We've used 5 in this inning. I don't know what else they coulda done.
Well, had we gone after Pujols with nobody on base, which is usually traditional to do when nobody is on base, and retired him, which we had about a 60-65% chance of doing, it would still be 3-2 and we'd still have a pulse. I guess they coulda done that.

Obviously. Plunking Pujols was just stupid. We all know that by now

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah this is not the managers fault at all. Our pitchers are not throwing strikes and making the pitches. We've used 5 in this inning. I don't know what else they coulda done.

How about leaving Linebrink in?

Yeah I said that earlier. I agree with that. I'm just talking about after they decided to take him out.

Except they only took him out so Yost could have McClung throw at Pujols

Just brutal.

How about leaving Linebrink in?

Yeah I said that earlier. I agree with that. I'm just talking about after they decided to take him out.

Except they only took him out so Yost could have McClung throw at Pujols

No, King started the inning

why do i actually ever think they have a chance? everytime i get optimistic they do something like this and totally fall apart

This is why next year frightens me.....can we really address an entire bullpen in one offseason? And if Mark A. is serious about Yost being "safe", aren't we going to be right back where we started?

Coco vs. anyone.
Well certainly. But you know those were the two options in Yosts' head. Of course I'd use Cordero, but I was just thinking of the scenarios that were actually possible.

I dont think that going to Coco was necessary. I believe that staying with Linebrink was the way to go.

By the way, I can't wait until someone next spring justifies TBow as the setup guy on here again. Someone will find some worthless stats to justify him. Sorry, I will not agree with that person and be called a bad fan, I'm sure.

Coco vs. anyone.
Well certainly. But you know those were the two options in Yosts' head. Of course I'd use Cordero, but I was just thinking of the scenarios that were actually possible.

I dont think that going to Coco was necessary. I believe that staying with Linebrink was the way to go.

By the way, I can't wait until someone next spring justifies TBow as the setup guy on here again. Someone will find some worthless stats to justify him. Sorry, I will not agree with that person and be called a bad fan, I'm sure.

I'll predict that the stat will be BAA.

13 straight retired by Cardinals pitching. If we lose, this is definitely a team loss.

Ya, early I was trying not to let all those missed opportunities bother me because of how well we've been playing, but in the back of my mind I was worried, as it reminded me of the team that couldn't perform we've seen so often this season.

It was planned.

I don't think it was planned that far in advance. I do believe it was planned to give Pujols a ride to first base, and that's not neccesairly a bad decision. Turnbow did get the strikeout and that some goofy little bloop hit. That is when Svuem should have taken him out. Put the blame on Svuem, unless of course you believe Yost was using a shortwave radio to get instructions to Svuem to leave Turnbow in.

1500+ posts and my first strike. Pretty good control considering how this season is ending.

If it makes you feel any better I loved the word you used to get the strike.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif

Having McClung hit Pujols was just a stupid move by Yost. With all the frustrating games this year, this one is right up there. I mean, what is Yost doing having a someone hit Pujols in the 8th inning, down by one, with the season on the line. I mean, stupid is the word that keeps coming into my mind. I hope Yost is happy, he may have helped piss the season down the drain, but at least he showed how macho he is. And yes, the bullpen is to blame as well, but this all started with the stupid decision by Yost. Turnbow and Shouse pitched badly, but the decision by Yost was a bonehead move. This is the manager who is going to lead this team to the playoffs? I'm sorry, but there is no way to defend that decision.

Errr..... Okay, I had to get that out. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Is our ENTIRE coaching staff brain dead, no Cordero with the bases loaded and 2 outs!!!! There's 5 fricking games left, Ned please give us a chance and Mark A please re-evaluate your 2008 plans, YOST is a MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (please no dorks or moderators complain about the !!!, I'm so pissed at our idiot manager I could can barely see straight.

Archived