Brewer Fanatic

9/26/2007 Cardinals (Thompson) at Brewers (Villanueva): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If anything, Yost should be busting up himself, for intentionally putting a man on base.

That's an assumption. There's no reason to believe that he intentionally called for Pujols to be hit.

I think there's every reason to believe it. First pitch. Turnbow was getting ready (to come in for the ejected guy), and there's been plenty of history in just this series. It's an assumption, but it's one I feel 100% safe in making.

If anything, Yost should be busting up himself, for intentionally putting a man on base.

That's an assumption. There's no reason to believe that he intentionally called for Pujols to be hit.

Two guys warming up. One is his set-up man one is one of his worst relievers. Facing one of the best hitters in the game he brings in one of his worst relievers. Yep there's nothing shady about that at all.

I think there's every reason to believe it. First pitch. Turnbow was getting ready (to come in for the ejected guy), and there's been plenty of history in just this series. It's an assumption, but it's one I feel 100% safe in making.

Ya, there is NO way that wasn't intentional. Neither Yost nor McClung looked surprised or angered to be getting kicked out of that game.

I think Turnblow is a perfect microcosm of this team. A team that doesn't perform when the pressure is on. We all saw them look like world beaters when we thought the season was quite possibly over. They destroyed the Cardinals. But as soon as the Cubs allow us back into the race, we respond in this fashion. Watching loveable losers like the Cubs and Brewers battle for a division title is like watching a game of hot potato.

Archived