Brewer Fanatic

9/26/2007 Cardinals (Thompson) at Brewers (Villanueva): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Yosted.

Yost didn't put in Turnbow. He was ejected before that decision was made.

He put a man on base and wasted a bullpen pitcher over some stupid retaliation. You can't afford to just put guys on base like that when you're trying to win ballgames.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The middle of the pennant race, when you have a chance to close to 1-game, is not the time to play footsy with LaRussa. The best revenge for Fielder getting struck is to know that LaRussa is certainly going home in four days, while we still have a fighting chance to punch our ticket. By doing what we did, we most certainly have punched our ticket home, just like LaRussa.

I still squarely blame Turnbow. How he can not throw strikes in that situation is inexcusable.

Yikes. Game blown wide open. Ouch.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived