Brewer Fanatic

9/25/2007: Cardinals (Looper) at Brewers (Suppan), 7:05 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got home, what a game, so happy that the offense gave Suppan a lot of support. Very happy to have Bill get a homer and standing O. Even happier to see Prince get two homeruns and two curtain calls. Not to mention the MVP chants were going, as they should be. Great game.

Just read the entire thread after coming home from the game. What an honor it was to be present for those historical 8 1/2 innings. I have never heard a crowd at Miller Park so loud and I have gone to a lot of games...that said, this crowd was barely 32,000 strong. I left my voice in section 220. Suppan was superb. There was never a doubt about the pitching all night (even Spurling). The crowd was on the umpire crew too. When the Cubs lost, the crowd was louder than any of the 3 curtain calls. We believe.

Run the Table !!! Two Down - Five to Go

Didn't hear the song, sorry, was heading for the parking lot. I did notice at least 5 different people wearing Cubs paraphenalia, which I don't get? Are they baseball fans that come to Miller Park to see a baseball game? Or are they just coming to start trouble and try to gloat about their place in the standings? Either way, thanks for the ticket purchase, but go home

Didn't hear the song, sorry, was heading for the parking lot. I did notice at least 5 different people wearing Cubs paraphenalia, which I don't get? Are they baseball fans that come to Miller Park to see a baseball game? Or are they just coming to start trouble and try to gloat about their place in the standings? Either way, thanks for the ticket purchase, but go home

Most of them are there to start trouble. I've meet a few cool Cub fans, dish out a little mocked scorne and then talk baseball. But the vast majority have been the trouble starter kind.

Ya I didn't hear a song really at the end either. The crowd was pretty impressive, especially considering it was a good 10k+ short of full.

I also wanted to note about the curtain call for Hall, while yes, it wasn't for a super deserving performance, I think it was more that, at the time, it felt like a statement I guess. There was a great energy in the park when Billy did that.

I have to say, I've been at the past two games, and the energy in the park has been amazing. I'm tempted to go again tonight, just because its been so much fun. The crowd has really been showing its love for this team, and the guys are obviously not disappointing.

Archived