Brewer Fanatic

9/25/2007: Cardinals (Looper) at Brewers (Suppan), 7:05 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[sarcasm]That's ballgame. Goodnight everyone. I'm done for the night.[/sarcasm]

Haha, there's a lot of those comments on the Northside forum right now. I must say that i'm in love with reading Brewers in game threads over there when we're beating up on teams like the Cardinals

Story up now on the J/S website......

Attanasio says Yost is "fine"

By Tom Haudricourt

Tuesday, Sep 25 2007, 06:51 PM

Brewers owner Mark Attanasio said he did not think manager Ned Yost has been twisting in the wind but nevertheless told me today Yost's job is secure for 2008.

"Ned is fine," said Attanasio, on hand at Miller Park for the Brewers' game against St. Louis.

Though the Brewers still have an outside shot at the NL Central title -- they trail by three games entering play today -- and are close to achieving their first winning season since 1992, Yost has been under fire from critics and fans because the team once led the division by 8 1/2 games.

Mostly on Internet sites, Yost has been lambasted for what some angry fans deem bullpen mismanagement. The fact that the Brewers have blown 16 leads of three or more runs -- most in the majors -- has fueled that criticism.

One sports Internet site also posted an item saying veteran players were angry at Yost for his constant tinkering with the lineups and going with hot hitters instead of established players. Attanasio said he has spent considerable time in the clubhouse talking with players and has detected no unrest with Yost.

Yost is signed through 2008 with an option for 2009, so Attanasio said he didn't feel compelled to make an official announcement that his manager's job was not in jeopardye. But he did confirm there were no plans to dismiss Yost..

"Ned is under contract for next year," said Attanasio. "Since I've been here, we've tried to put systematic processes in place for every decision. Some are big decisions, some are little decisions. Some are important decisions, some are less important decisions.

"The fact that we haven't disrupted the process tells you something. Ned is not in trouble."

come on Suppan! We're getting tack on runs and you're starting to give the Cards some hope.

On another line of thought: I am absolutely LOVING this last week of September baseball that means something. MUCH better than the years of last week was my last chance to enjoy Brewers for six months.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Just a friendly reminder that there's no lack of Major Leagues forum space for Ned Yost discussion. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

(though I admit, upon reading that blog entry my thoughts were similar to trwi's. Could be taken at face value, could be the opposite.)

Back to the issue at hand...buckle down, Soup. And pitchleague is right, this week's been awesome, even if it doesn't end as we hope. I still don't even want to think of the off-season.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived